Featured New Tests
Rapid Whole Genome Sequencing
- First-line diagnostic test for newborns with suspected Mendelian diseases
- Proven method to obtain rapid diagnosis for newborns in the NICU
- Rapid turnaround time of 7 days or less
Utah NeoSeq Project: Whole Genome Sequencing Provides Rapid Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders in Critically Ill Newborns
Trio testing of the genomes of parents and newborns is revolutionizing medicine for families. The Utah NeoSeq Project, a collaboration between ARUP Laboratories and the University of Utah, enables diagnosis of a genetic disorder in the tiniest of patients within days, instead of weeks or months.
ARUP Comprehensive Hereditary Cancer Testing Suite
ARUP Laboratories offers a variety of multigene panels and single gene tests for various inherited cancer syndromes. Our panels, which include overlapping genes critical for most cancer syndromes, as well as genes unique to specific familial cancer types, enable providers to choose the test that best matches the familial or personal histories of their patients. Specific cancers and conditions covered by our testing include:
- Breast, ovarian, and endometrial cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers, including Lynch syndrome and APC- and MUTYH-associated polyposis
- Central nervous system cancer
- Endocrine cancers, including pancreatic cancer, thyroid cancer, and multiple endocrine neoplasia
- Prostate cancer
- Bone marrow failure
- Hereditary myeloid neoplasms
- And more…
Our ARUP Hereditary Cancer Panel Comparison table enables comparison of the genes targeted in each panel to aid in test selection.
Our full-service Cytogenetics department provides outstanding service and support. We also offer lab stewardship guidance for cytogenetic testing to help clients focus on quality patient care.
- Chromosome analysis for newborns 7 days or younger is performed STAT, and preliminary results are provided within 2–3 days.
- Genetic counselors review each prenatal order to ensure appropriate test utilization, guide test selection, and provide results interpretation.
View our full cytogenetics test menu.