DEX™ Diagnostics Exchange Z-Codes
The DEX™ Diagnostics Exchange is a molecular diagnostic (MDx) test identification and policy management solution that connects payers and labs to bring clarity to MDx testing. MDx tests are uniquely identified and cataloged using DEX Z-Code™ Identifiers – Palmetto GBA’s unique and proprietary 5-character alpha-numeric codes assigned within the DEX Diagnostics Exchange. The test registry catalog is available for reference and review by other stakeholders in the healthcare system. Visit the website DEX™ Diagnostics Exchange to learn more about the DEX Z-Code program.
To Obtain ARUP Z-Codes
- Navigate to ARUP Connect.
- Log in utilizing your ARUP Connect account username and password
- Contact the ARUP Connect administrator at your facility to obtain an ARUP Connect account username and password.
- If you do not have an ARUP Connect account, contact ARUP clients services (800-522-2787) to determine the ARUP Connect administrator at your facility.
- Find the Palmetto Z-Codes listed under the Connect Focus section.
- Click on the plus button to expand the topic and follow the steps outlined.