Client Site Education
ARUP medical directors, staff, and consultants are available and committed to providing continuing education to our valued clients. Our presenters have developed lectures and presentations in most disciplines of laboratory medicine and management, which are available for our clients as either in-person presentations or by live webinar delivery.
Additionally, all ARUP Institute for Learning self-directed education is available for group viewing and can be offered for continuing education credits through prior arrangement with the institute. Please contact Steven Staroscik at 800-242-2787, ext. 3952 for more information.
- Available Speakers and Presentations
From the Institute for Learning.
Service Excellence and Leadership Training
The Institute for Learning provides service excellence, leadership, and communication training programs to assist clients with developing the customer-driven culture necessary for succeeding in the competitive laboratory industry. The training can be delivered as a comprehensive two-year curriculum or as individual courses designed to meet specific needs.
The following is a list of current program offerings and course titles, with additional courses available based on client needs:
- Making Work Meaningful: The Key to Positive Morale
- Embracing a Culture of Service Excellence: A Curriculum Approach
- Exceptional Services Based on Principles
- Pursuing Service Excellence
- Management Strategies for Creating a Culture of Service Excellence
- Management Strategies: Revisited
- Leading with Authority Rather Than Power
- Communication Biohazard
- Communicating When There Is Potential for Conflict
- Empowered Communications
- Are You a Customer Service “Have” or “Have Not”?
- Engines and Customer Service: What Do They Have in Common?
- Communication Skills: How "Connected" Are You?
- Customer Service: What's in it for Me?
- Quantifying the Financial Impact of Customer Service Excellence
- If Only You Could Have a Do-Over: A Customer Service Case Study
Conferences hosted by ARUP and the University of Utah Department of Pathology
- Annual Park City Anatomic Pathology Update held in early February.
Speaker Sponsorship for Conferences
In conjunction with ARUP’s mission to provide educational opportunities to industry professionals, the ARUP Institute for Learning supports local, regional, and national professional organizations by sponsoring speakers for educational conferences. ARUP medical directors, staff, and consultants are available to provide presentations on most disciplines of laboratory medicine and management.
Professional organizations and clients may request ARUP Institute for Learning sponsorship by contacting their ARUP account executive.