Waseem Anani, MD
Medical Director: Immunohematology Reference Laboratory and Blood Services
Associate Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Transfusion medicine
- Medical Degree—Penn State College of Medicine
- Residency—Clinical Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship—Transfusion Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- American Board of Pathology (Clinical Pathology, Transfusion Medicine)
- Cancelas JA, et al. Evaluation of amotosalen and UVA pathogen-reduced apheresis platelets after 7-day storage. Transfusion. 2022;62(8):1619–29.
- Kron A, et al. Daily versus every other day oral iron supplementation in patients with iron deficiency anemia (DEODO): study protocol for a phase 3 multicentered, pragmatic, open-label, pilot randomized controlled trial. Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2022;8(1):98.
- Zieger B, et al. Novel GNE gene variants associated with severe congenital thrombocytopenia and platelet sialylation defect. Thromb Haemost. 2022;122(7):1139–46.
- Anani WQ, et al. Red cell genotyping of rare blood donors: donation behaviour and data visualization. Vox Sang. 2021;116(5):601–8.
- Bercovitz RS, et al. A microfluidic analysis of thrombus formation in reconstituted whole blood samples comparing spray-dried plasma versus fresh frozen plasma. Vox Sang. 2021;116(5):540–46.
- Jug R, et al. A possible case of recipient anti-neutrophil and anti-human leukocyte antigen antibody-mediated fatal reverse transfusion-related acute lung injury. Transfusion. 2021;61(4): 1336–40.
- Lapadat R, et al. A pair of S-silencing single nucleotide variants cis-linked on GYPB. Transfusion. 2021;61(4):E34–36.
- Ashwood HE, et al. Characterization and statistical modeling of glycosylation changes in sickle cell disease. Blood Adv. 2021;5(5):1463–73.
- Anani WQ, et al. Predictive modeling of complex ABO glycan phenotypes by lectin microarrays. Blood Adv. 2020;4(16):3960–70.
- Anani WQ, et al. Anti-D selection for D assignment among pregnant women and blood donors: impact of the Crawford antigen. Transfusion. 2020;60(7):1378–80.
- Pandey P, et al. Complement activating ABO anti-A IgM/IgG act synergistically to cause erythrophagocytosis: implications among minor ABO incompatible transfusions. J Transl Med. 2020;18(1):216.
- Denomme GA, et al. Use of a cloud-based search engine of a centralized donor database to identify historical antigen-negative units in hospital inventories. Transfusion. 202;60(2):417–23.
- Knier M, et al. How to use a cloud-based search engine of a centralized donor database to identify historical antigen-negative units in hospital inventories. Transfusion. 202;60(2):414–16.
- Yazer MH, et al. Trends in antigen-negative red blood cell distributions by racial or ethnic groups in the United States. Transfusion. 2018;58(1):145–50.