Skip to main content
Allie H. Grossmann, MD, PhD
Medical Director: Anatomic Pathology and Molecular Oncology
Assistant Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Molecular oncology
- Doctorate Degree—Oregon Health Sciences University
- Medical Degree—Oregon Health Sciences University
- Residency—Anatomic Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Molecular Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Molecular Genetic Pathology, University Of Utah School of Medicine
- American Board of Pathology (Molecular Genetic Pathology, Anatomic)
- Mechanisms of tumorigenesis, metastasis, and the development of targeted and immunotherapies for cancer treatment
- Harry J. Lloyd Charitable Trust Career Development Award (2015–17)
- NCI K08 Mentored Clinical Scientist Award (2015–20)
- American Cancer Society Research Scholars Grant (2019–23)
- Yoo JH, et al. The small GTPase ARF6 activates PI3K in melanoma to induce a prometastaticstate. Cancer Res. 2019 Jun 1;79(11):2892–908.
- Kircher DA, et al. AKT1E17K activates focal adhesion kinase andpromotes melanoma brain metastasis. Mol Cancer Res. 2019 Sep;17(9):1787–1800.
- Ekiz HA, et al. MicroRNA-155 coordinates the immunological landscape within murinemelanoma and correlates with immunity in human cancers. JCI Insight. 2019 Mar 21;4(6).
- Barrott JJ, et al. Paracrine osteoprotegerin and β-catenin stabilization support synovialsarcomagenesis in periosteal cells. J Clin Invest. 2018 Jan 2;28(1):207–18.
- Yang H, et al. Activated MEK cooperates with Cdkn2a and Pten loss to promote the developmentand maintenance of melanoma. Oncogene. 2017 Jul 6;36(27):3842–51.
- Yoo JH, et al. ARF6 is an actionablenode that orchestrates oncogenic GNAQ signaling in uveal melanoma. Cancer Cell. 2016 Jun 13;29(6):889–904.
- Cho JH, et al. AKT1 activation promotesdevelopment of melanoma metastases. Cell Rep. 2015 Nov 3;13(5):898–905.
- Barrott JJ, et al. β-catenin stabilization enhancesSS18-SSX2-driven synovial sarcomagenesis and blocks the mesenchymal to epithelial transition. Oncotarget. 2015 Sep 8;6(26):22758–66.
- Sant DW, et al. Evaluation of somatic mutations intibial pseudarthrosis samples in neurofibromatosis type 1. J Med Genet. 2015 Apr;52(4):256–61.
- Shin CH,et al. The BRAF kinase domain promotes the development of gliomas in vivo. Genes Cancer. 2015 Jan;6(1–2):9–18.
- Gibson CC, et al. Strategy for identifying repurposed drugs for thetreatment of cerebral cavernous malformation. Circulation. 2015 Jan 20;131(3):289–99.
- Chaturvedi A, et al. Molecular dissection of the mechanism by which EWS/FLI expression compromises actin cytoskeletal integrity and cell adhesion in Ewing sarcoma.Mol Biol Cell. 2014 Sep 15;25(18):2695–709.
- Abel HJ, et al. Detection of gene rearrangements in targeted clinical next-generation sequencing.J Mol Diagn. 2014 Jul;16(4):405–17.
- Goodwin ML, et al. Modeling alveolar soft part sarcomagenesis in the mouse: a role for lactate in the tumor microenvironment. Cancer Cell. 2014 Dec 8;26(6):851–62.