See a list of recent posters and presentations.
See publications by ARUP researchers.
ARUP's human gene-variant disease database.
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology®
Since its inception, the institute and its staff have:
- Validated or developed approximately 1,500 new diagnostic tests
- Published an average of 120 peer-reviewed articles per year
- Developed real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and the LightCycler technology by Carl Wittwer, MD, PhD
- Shared regular presentations at regional and national scientific conferences
- Created and maintained multiple genetic mutation databases to benefit patients across the globe
The institute has four project categories: creating new lab tests, improving current clinical lab tests, evaluating and critiquing existing lab tests, and conducting clinical research projects.
Hundreds of fellows and residents have been trained in programs developed by the R&D Institute, and these professionals now hold scientific and administrative positions in leading institutions throughout the U.S. and across the globe.