At ARUP Laboratories, we understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to processing your information responsibly and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws in all countries that may use our websites.
Why and How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- Access and use of websites or other online services: When entering an ARUP website or using an online service, we will record the information necessary to provide you with access for the operation of our site, such as passwords, IP address, and browser settings. We also collect information about your activities during your visit to personalize your preferences, settings, and to collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our website, products, and services.
- Responding to request for information or support: When you contact ARUP (online or offline) to access support, order supplies, request information, or other communication, we collect the necessary information to assist you. For example, we collect your name and contact information, the fulfillment of services, invoicing, and may include client survey information. We retain this information for administrative purposes and to reinforce our relationship with you.
- When you provide your name and contact information to register in connection with such a request, the registration may serve to identify you when you visit our websites.
- For accessing results or ordering supplies, we require you to register with an ARUP identification and password.
- Your use of ARUP websites and services: ARUP collects information about your use of ARUP services and websites to improve your user experience, tailor our interactions, inform our clients on the overall use of ARUP services, provide support, and improve/develop our products and services. For details regarding the personal information we collect, the technologies we use, how to control or block tracking, or to delete cookies, please refer to the sections below.
- Contacting the employees of our clients, prospects, vendors, and partners: In our relationship with clients, prospects, vendors, and partners, we maintain business contact information (i.e., name, business name, contact information, position/title, authorized users) for purposes such as contract fulfillment, support, invoicing, and management of services.
- Visitor information: ARUP registers visitors to ARUP’s laboratory, offices, and businesses. We gather business contact information and use camera supervision for the purposes of security and safety, as well as regulatory purposes.
- Marketing: We collect marketing data based on direct interactions with you. For example, if you register for an event, we may collect information (online or offline) in relation to the event organization and during the event, such as participation in sessions and survey results. We combine the personal information we collect to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence for conducting business and marketing purposes. You can choose to receive information about our services by email, telephone, mail, or sign-up for subscriptions. When visiting our website or using our services, we may provide you with personalized information. You can always opt out from receiving personalized communication by sending an email to email@example.com. For more information on ARUP’s permission-based marketing platform, please visit www.pardot.com/legal/permission-based-marketing-policy/.
- When ARUP uses your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement, or development of our products and/or services for reasons of safety, security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do so based on legitimate interests or with your consent. When we collect and use your personal information subject to the EU Privacy Legislation, this may have consequences for your rights.
You do not have to disclose any information to visit any ARUP site. However, while browsing some sites, you may find your needs can be better accessed by disclosing some information. The information you provide will not be sold, traded, or leased to any other organization outside of ARUP.
We may use demographic information that does not personally identify you and/or information you voluntarily provide to improve the features of the site or for general statistical purposes.
Please be aware that in certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also share your personal information to protect the rights or property of ARUP and our clients, patients, business partners, vendors, or employees when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected.
Information Automatically Collected and Stored
As with any site you visit on the internet, ARUP does collect certain system information from its users. ARUP websites automatically stores the following information during your visit:
- Internet location (IP address)
- Pages visited
- Date and time of visit
- Device used to access our site (i.e., mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Ad data
- Traffic to and from our site
- Referral URLs (i.e., Google search, publication/news article, or partner site)
The information collected is not associated with your name or any other information you voluntarily provide. This information is stored and used for statistical purposes that allows us to improve the quality of this site, and meet the needs of our users.
As stated above, we collect your computer’s IP address during your visit. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer that allows computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. We use IP addresses to determine the geographic characteristics of our users and to allow internal users to view internal pages. Analyzing geographical information allows us to make our site more accessible to users.
Cookies are text files that a website transfers to a user’s hard disk to record certain information about your visit. Some ARUP sites place cookies in the browser files of your computer to provide you with tailored information. You can choose not to download cookies, to disable cookies, or to delete cookies.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for our website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
ARUP uses Salesforce Live Chat, a real-time customer support option. This solution provides website users with an option to connect directly with ARUP Client Services through a web-based text chat. During this secure, online chat, your information will be entered into ARUP’s Salesforce customer relations management system to record your interaction with ARUP as part of your client record. For more information on Salesforce privacy practices, please visit www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/. To contact Salesforce, click here.
ARUP will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including complying with legal and regulatory obligations (i.e., audit, accounting, statutory retention terms), disputes, and for the establishment, excise, and/or defense of legal claims.
Because the circumstances may vary depending on the context and the services, the information provided in our Online Privacy Statement or provided in a specific notice may provide detailed information on applicable retention terms.
ARUP uses a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. ARUP sites use encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our website (e.g., ordering information, including your name, company name, and email). We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide. You should understand, however, that electronic transmissions via the internet are not necessarily secure from interception, so we cannot absolutely guarantee the security or confidentiality of such transmissions.
European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending on your use of services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to provide services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Your rights: You are entitled to the rights under Chapter III of the EU GDPR or Section 2 of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection with respect to the processing of your personal data, including the right to access and rectify personal data, or to request erasure of personal data. In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the internet, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Links to Other Websites
All information contained on this website is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Information may be reprinted and/or downloaded for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for non-personal or commercial use is prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from the respective copyright holder(s).
ARUP, ARUP Laboratories, ARUP Consult, ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, ARUP Connect, ARUP Gateway, and other ARUP product/service names, and logos are trademarks and service marks (ARUP Marks) of ARUP Laboratories, Inc., or its affiliates. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used on this website are the property of their respective owners. Any use of the ARUP Marks is prohibited without express written permission.
By using this site, you agree that you understand and accept the terms listed above. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use this site. Privacy as it applies to the internet is a rapidly developing area. We reserve the right to change our privacy practices from time to time and will include any changes on this site.
Questions or Comments
If you have additional questions and/or comments, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: November 30, 2018