Changhong Xing, MD, PhD
Medical Director: Anatomic Pathology
Assistant Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Medical Degree–Hebei Medical University, China
- Master of Medicine–Pathology, Peking University Health Science Center, China
- Doctorate Degree–Neurobiology, Tsinghua University, China
- Residency–Anatomic Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship–Neuropathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Assistant Professor, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Anatomic Pathologist, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, China
- American Board of Pathology, Anatomic Pathology
- Basic and translational research of ischemic stroke
- Neuroimmune interactions
- Microglial phenotypic switch
- Help-me signaling in the neurovascular unit
- Vasculome in neurodegenerative diseases
- Immune microenvironment in brain tumors
- Travel Award, American Association of Neuropathologists Annual Meeting (2020)
- Janet Caldwell, MD, Memorial Fellowship Research Award, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2023)
- Li W, et al. Endothelial cells regulate astrocyte to neural progenitor cell trans-differentiation in a mouse model of stroke. Nat Commun. 2022;13(1):7812.
- Yu F, et al. CSF lipocalin-2 increases early in subarachnoid hemorrhage are associated with neuroinflammation and unfavorable outcome. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2021:41(10):2524–33.
- Deng W, et al. Transcriptomic characterization of microglia activation in a rat model of ischemic stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2020;40(1_suppl):S34–48.
- Takase H, et al. Soluble vascular endothelial-cadherin in CSF after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurology. 2020;94(12):e1281–93.
- Deng W, et al. AmpliSeq transcriptome of laser captured neurons from Alzheimer brain: comparison of single cell versus neuron pools. Aging Dis. 2019;10(6):1146–58.
- Du Y, et al. Effects of lipocalin-2 on brain endothelial adhesion and permeability. PLoS One. 2019;14(7):e0218965.
- Guo S, et al. Effects of aging, hypertension and diabetes on the mouse brain and heart vasculomes. Neurobiol Dis. 2019;126:117–23.
- Zhao Q, et al. HDAC3 inhibition prevents oxygen glucose deprivation/reoxygenation-induced transendothelial permeability by elevating PPARγ activity in vitro. J Neurochem. 2019;149(2):298–310.
- Esposito E, et al. Effects of ischemic post-conditioning on neuronal VEGF regulation and microglial polarization in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia. J Neurochem. 2018;146(2):160–72.
- Guo S, et al. Comparative transcriptome of neurons after oxygen-glucose deprivation: potential differences in neuroprotection versus reperfusion. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2018;38(12):2236–50.
- Huang L, et al. From stroke to neurodegenerative diseases: the multi-target neuroprotective effects of 3-n-butylphthalide and its derivatives. Pharmacol Res. 2018;135:201–11.
- Lei H, et al. L-3-n-butylphthalide regulates proliferation, migration, and differentiation of neural stem cell in vitro and promotes neurogenesis in APP/PS1 mouse model by regulating BDNF/TrkB/CREB/Akt pathway. Neurotox Res. 2018;34(3):477–88.
- Wang S, et al. Dl-3-n-Butylphthalide (NBP): a promising therapeutic agent for ischemic stroke. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2018;17(5):338–47.
- Xing C, et al. A potential gliovascular mechanism for microglial activation: differential phenotypic switching of microglia by endothelium versus astrocytes. J Neuroinflammation. 2018;15(1):143.
Xing C, et al. The brain vasculome: an integrative model for CNS function and disease. In: Galis ZS, ed. The Vasculome: From Many, One. San Diego, CA: Elsevier/Academic Press; 2022: 427–40.