Skip to main content
Dan Summerfield, MD, MS
Assistant Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Master’s Degree—Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Medical Degree—Case Western Reserve University
- Master’s Degree—Applied Anatomy, Case Western Reserve University
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship—Transfusion Medicine, Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship—Pediatric Pathology, University of Utah
- Pediatric transfusion medicine
- Horton R, et al. The use of therapeutic apheresis in allergic and immunologic diseases. In: Chang CC, ed. Allergic and Immunological Diseases: A Practical Guide to the Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Management of Allergic and Immunologic Diseases. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. 2022.
- Summerfield D, Burgstaler E. Donor apheresis separators and their development. In: Vassallo R, Winters JL, eds. Apheresis Principles and Practice. 4th ed. 2nd vol. Vol 2. American Association of Blood Banks. 2021.
- Juskewitch J, et al. Transfusion medicine illustrated: when less is more for HLA antibodies. Transfusion. 2021;61(1):9–11.
- Benson JC, et al. Polymorphous low-grade neuroepithelial tumor of the young as a partially calcified intra-axial mass in an adult. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2020;41(4):573–78.
- Madhava AA, et al. Polyclonal lymphocytic infiltrate with arachnoiditis resulting from intrathecal stem cell transplantation. Neuroradiol J. 2020;33(2):174–78.
- Benson JC, et al. Mixed solid and cystic mass in an infant. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2019 ;40(11):1792–95.
- Summerfield DD, et al. Relationship between free hemoglobin (hemolysis), potassium and ionized calcium in lithium heparin blood gas samples collected intraoperatively. Clin Biochem. 2019;70:46–8.