Skip to main content
Maria A. Pletneva, MD, PhD
Medical Director: Gastrointestinal Pathology Service
Assistant Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Doctorate Degree—Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Medical Degree—Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Michigan Health System
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, University of Michigan Health System
- Fellowship—Surgical Pathology, University of Michigan Health System
- Improvement of diagnostic tools for graft-versus-host disease
- Improvement of diagnostic tools for eosinophilic and mast cell disease
- Novel diagnostic approaches and predictive factors for lymphoproliferative neoplasms
- Dugan RB, et al. Nonimmune fetal hydrops and lysosomal storage disease: the finding of vacuolated lymphocytes in ascitic fluid in two cases. Prenat Diagn. 2014 Feb;34(2):199–201.
- Pletneva MA, et al. Clear cell melanoma: a cutaneous clear cell malignancy. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2014 Oct;138(10):1328–36.
- Pletneva MA, Smith Anaplastic large cell lymphoma: features presenting diagnostic challenges. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2014 Oct;138(10):1290–4.
- Radojcic V, Pletneva MA, Couriel The role of extracorporeal photochemotherapy in chronic graft-versus-host disease. Transfus Apher Sci. 2015 Apr;52(2):157-61.
- Mellinger JL, Pletneva M, Fontana New onset bloody diarrhea in a liver transplant recipient. new onset bloody diarrhea in a liver transplant recipient. Gastroenterology. 2015 Aug;149(2):300–1.
- Radojcic V, et al. Notch signaling mediated by Delta-like ligands 1 and 4 controls the pathogenesis of chronic GVHD in mice. Blood. 2018 Nov;132(20):2188–200.
- Bleicher J, et al. Adrenocorticotropin hormone secreting carcinoma of the pancreas: a case report. J Pancreat Cancer. 2019 Jun 20;5(1):22–5.
- Jedrzkiewicz J, et al. Peutz-Jeghers type polyp of the appendix with review of literature. Case Rep Pathol. 2019 Jul 25;2019:7584070.