Skip to main content
Lauren Pearson, DO, MPH
Co-Director of Clinical Laboratories, University Hospital
Medical Director: South Jordan Health Center Clinical Laboratory
Assistant Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Master’s Degree—Public Health, Touro University California
- Medical Degree—Touro University California
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Chief Resident, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- American Board of Pathology
- Community health
- Quality management and control
- Walker BS, Pearson LN, Schmidt RL. An analysis of multirules for monitoring assay quality control. Lab Med. 2019 Jun 27.
- Schmidt RL, Pearson LN. Quality control optimization part II: a method to optimize the accuracy of laboratory quality control. Clin Chim Acta. 2019 Aug;495:233–8.
- Schmidt RL, Pearson LN. Quality control optimization part I: metrics for evaluating predictive performance of quality control. Clin Chim Acta. 2019 Aug;495:174–84.
- Metcalf RA, et al. Severe intravascular hemolysis following extracorporeal right ventricular assist device placement. Transfusion. 2019 Apr;59(4):1178–9.
- Schmidt RL, Pearson LN. Estimating the cost of quality of errors in the analytical phase. Clin Chim Acta. 2019 Aug;495:60–6.
- Pearson LN, et al. Combined pathology-driven algorithmic testing and integrated reporting for bone marrow examination. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Jun;143(6):732–7.
- Schmidt RL, Pearson LN. Is your assay stable? Using process stability and capability to evaluate assay performance. Clin Chim Acta. 2019 Mar;490:28–33.
- Pearson LN, Schmidt RL. Adoption of evidence-based medicine in clinical laboratory science: a survey of the prevalence of systematic and narrative reviews. Lab Med. 2019 Jul 16;50(3):223–8.
- Layfield LJ, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of fine-needle aspiration cytology for discrimination of squamous cell carcinoma from adenocarcinoma in non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Cytol. 2018;62(5–6):318–26.
- Lehman CM, et al. A reflex protocol for creatinine testing reduces costs and maintains patient safety. Lab Med. 2019 Apr 8;50(2):202–7.
- Pearson LN, Layfield LJ, Schmidt RL. Cost-effectiveness of rapid on-site evaluation of the adequacy of FNA cytology samples performed by nonpathologists. Cancer Cytopathol. 2018 Oct;126(10):839–45.
- Pearson L, et al. A composite renal tumor with dual differentiation, chromophobe and collecting duct carcinoma. Case Rep Pathol. 2018 Aug 30;2018:2410920.
- Adams A, et al. Peritoneal and pleural fluid chemistry measurements performed on three chemistry platforms. Lab Med. 2019 Apr 8;50(2):145–9.
- Schmidt RL, Walker BS, Pearson LN. Quality control limits: are we setting them too wide? Clin Chim Acta. 2018 Nov;486:329–34.
- Pearson L, et al. Rapid on-site evaluation of fine-needle aspiration by non-cytopathologists: a systematic review and meta-analysis of diagnostic accuracy studies for adequacy assessment. Acta Cytol. 2018;62(4):244–52.
- Pearson L, et al. Microcystic/reticular schwannoma of the frontal lobe: an unusual occurrence. Case Rep Pathol. 2017;2017:4728585.
- De Luca-Johnson J, Ninfea JI, Pearson L, Conant J, Bryant R, Zakai NA, Tang ME. Myeloid neoplasms with t(5;12) and ETV6-ACSL6 gene fusion, potential mimickers of myeloid neoplasm with PDGFRB rearrangement: case report with imatinib therapy and review of the literature. Case Rep Med. 2016;2016:8324791.