Jay L. Patel, MD, MBA
Executive Director, PharmaDx and Clinical Trials
Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Molecular diagnostics
- Master’s Degree—Business Administration, University of Utah
- Medical Degree—University of Arizona
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Utah
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, Stanford University
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology)
- Application of next generation sequencing technologies in hematologic malignancies
- Karner K, et al. Current aspects of clonal hematopoiesis: implications for clinical diagnosis. Ann Lab Med. 2019;39(6):509–14.
- Szankasi P, et al. Comprehensive detection of chromosomal translocations in lymphoproliferative disorders by massively parallel sequencing. J Hematop. 2019;12(3):121–33.
- Corean JLE, et al. Bone marrow findings in metastatic melanoma, including role of BRAF immunohistochemistry. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019;41(4):550–60.
- Patel J. The clinical and laboratory features of clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential. Adv Mol Pathol. 2018;1(1):37–42.
- Shen W, et al. Detection ofgenome-wide copy number variants in myeloid malignancies using next-generation sequencing. J Clin Pathol. 2018;71(4):372–8.
- Patel JL, et al. Coexisting and cooperating mutations in NPM1-mutated acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2017;56:7–12.