Jay L. Patel, MD, MBA
Executive Director, Clinical Trials and PharmaDx
Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Molecular diagnostics
- Master’s Degree—Business Administration, University of Utah
- Medical Degree—University of Arizona
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Utah
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, Stanford University
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology)
- Application of next generation sequencing technologies in hematological malignancies
- Karner K, George TI,Patel JCurrent aspects of clonal hematopoiesis: implications for clinical diagnosis. Ann Lab Med. 2019 Nov;39(6):509–14.
- Szankasi P, et al. Comprehensive detection of chromosomal translocations inlymphoproliferative disorders by massively parallel sequencing.Journal of Hematopathology. 2019 Sep;12(3):121–33.
- Corean JLE, et al. Bone marrow findings in metastaticmelanoma, including role of BRAF immunohistochemistry. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019 Aug;41(4):550–60.
- Patel JThe clinical and laboratory features of clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential.Advances in Molecular Pathology. 2018 Nov;1(1):37–42.
- Shen W, et al. Detection ofgenome-wide copy number variants in myeloid malignancies using next-generation sequencing. J Clin Pathol. 2018 Apr;71(4):372–8.
- Patel JL, et al. Coexisting and cooperating mutations in NPM1-mutated acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2017 May;56:7–12.