Skip to main content
Robert S. Ohgami, MD, PhD
Chief Medical Director: Research and Development in Integrated Oncology and Genetics
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine Specialties
- Molecular pathology
- Translational research
- Medical Degree—Harvard Medical School
- Doctorate Degree—Harvard University
- Residency—Anatomic Pathology, Stanford University
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, Stanford University
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology, Hematology)
- Translational molecular pathology
- Clinical laboratory testing
- Berard-Dorfman Founders Award, Society for Hematopathology
- Lu KL, et al. Cytomorphologic features of pediatric-type follicular lymphoma on fine needle aspiration biopsy: case series and a review of the literature. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2022;S2213–2945(22)00061–8. [Published online ahead of print Jun 2022]
- Saglam A, et al. Indolent T-lymphoblastic proliferation: a systematic review of the literature analyzing the epidemiologic, clinical, and pathologic features of 45 cases. Int J Lab Hematol. 2022;44(4):700–71.
- Singh KI, et al. Case report: Castleman disease with an associated stromal spindle cell proliferation, PDGFRB mutation and p53 Expression: clonal origins of a rare disease. Front Oncol. 2022;12:857606.
- Butzmann A, et al. Mutations in JAK/STAT and NOTCH1 genes are enriched in post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders. Front Oncol. 2022;11:790481.
- Kikuchi A, et al. Pathology updates and diagnostic approaches to haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.Histopathology. 2022;80(4):616–26.
- Güney E, et al. A genetically distinct pediatric subtype of primary CNS large B-cell lymphoma is associated with favorable clinical outcome. Blood Adv. 2022;6(10):3189–93.
- Chen JA, et al. Lymphoid blast transformation in an MPN with BCR-JAK2 treated with ruxolitinib: putative mechanisms of resistance. Blood Adv. 2021;5(17):3492–96.
- Han SY, et al. Secondary cytogenetic abnormalities in core-binding factor AML harboring inv(16) vs t(8;21). Blood Adv. 2021;5(10):2481–89.
- Yang F, et al. Shared B cell memory to coronaviruses and other pathogens varies in human age groups and tissues. Science. 2021;372(6543):738–41.
- Kennedy VE, et al. A case of EBV-negative aggressive NK-cell leukemia: use of next-generation sequencing in demystifying a diagnostic dilemma and guiding clinical care. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2021;21(7):e583–87.
- Butzmann A, et al. A review of genetic abnormalities in unicentric and multicentric Castleman disease. Biology (Basel). 2021;10(4):251.
- Singh K, et al. Point mutation specific antibodies in B-cell and T-cell lymphomas and leukemias: targeting IDH2, KRAS, BRAF and other biomarkers RHOA, IRF8, MYD88, ID3, NRAS, SF3B1 and EZH2. Diagnostics (Basel). 2021;11(4):600.
- Wang L, et al. Hypodiploid B-lymphoblastic leukemia presenting as an isolated orbital mass prior to systemic involvement: a case report and review of the literature. Diagnostics (Basel). 2020;11(1):25.
- Ling H, et al. Measurement of cell volume using in-line digital holography. Microscopy (Oxf). 2021;70(4):333–39.
- Lauw MIS, et al. Primary central nervous system lymphomas: a diagnostic overview of key histomorphologic, immunophenotypic, and genetic features. Diagnostics (Basel). 2020;10(12):1076.
- Singh K, et al. A meta- analysis of SARS-CoV-2 patients identifies the combinatorial significance of D-dimer, C-reactive protein, lymphocyte, and neutrophil values as a predictor of disease severity. Int J Lab Hematol. 2021;43(2):324–28.
- Butzmann A, et al. A comprehensive analysis of RHOA mutation positive and negative angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphomas by targeted deep sequencing, expression profiling and single cell digital image analysis. Int J Mol Med. 2020;46(4):1466–76.
- Ustun C, et al. Core-binding factor acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16): older age and high white blood cell count are risk factors for treatment failure. Int J Lab Hematol. 2021;43(1):e19–e25.
- Yao K, et al. Artificial intelligence in pathology: a simple and practical guide. Adv Anat Pathol. 2020;27(6):385–93.
- Brar N, et al. LIM domain only 2 (LMO2) expression distinguishes T-lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma from indolent T-lymphoblastic proliferations. Histopathology. 2020;77(6):984–88.
- Wen KW, et al. Complexities in the diagnosis of large B-cell lymphomas, classic Hodgkin lymphomas and overlapping peripheral T-cell lymphomas simplified: An evidence-based guide. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020;46:151534.
- Hoffmann JC, et al. A long-term study of persistent Sézary Syndrome: evidence for antigen shift by multiparameter flow cytometry and its significance in overall survival. Am J Dermatopathol. 2020;42(6):389–96.
- Jangam D, et al. TBL1XR1Mutations in primary marginal zone lymphomas of ocular adnexa are associated with unique morphometric mhenotypes. Curr Eye Res. 2020;45(12):1583–89.
- Tsai AG, et al. Multiplexed single-cell morphometry for hematopathology diagnostics. Nat Med. 2020;26(3):408–17.
- Werstein B, et al. Molecular discordance between myeloid sarcomas and concurrent bone marrows occurs in actionable genes and is associated with worse overall survival. J Mol Diagn. 2020;22(3):338–45.
- Gars E, et al. The life and death of the germinal center. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020;44:151421.
- Hoffmann JC, et al. Rosai-Dorfman disease of the breast with variable IgG4+ plasma cells: A diagnostic mimicker of other malignant and reactive entities. Am J Surg Pathol. 2019;43(12):1653–60.
- Kumar J, et al. Indolent in situ B-Cell neoplasms with MYC rearrangements show somatic mutations in MYC and TNFRSF14 by next- generation sequencing. Am J Surg Pathol. 2019;43(12):1720–25.
- Sridhar K, et al. Molecular genetic testing methodologies in hematopoietic diseases: current and future methods. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019;41 Suppl 1:102–16.