Skip to main content
Madhu P. Menon, MD, PhD, FCAP
Section Chief: Hematopathology
Associate Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Hematopathology and hematology (benign and malignant)
- Molecular hematopathology
- Lymphomas (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin)
- Medical Degree—Baroda Medical College, Maharaja Sayajirao University
- Doctorate Degree—Molecular Medicine, Huck Institute of Life Sciences, Pennsylvania State University
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute
- Visiting Fellowship—Hematopathology, Johns Hopkins University Hospital
- Visiting Fellowship—Hematopathology, George Washington University Hospital
- Fellowship—Postdoctoral Fellow, Maine Medical Center Research Institute
- Medical Director, Henry Ford Cancer Institute Laboratory Senior Staff Pathologist, Henry Ford Hospital
- Chair, Pathology professional evaluation committee, Henry Ford Hospital
- Chair, Clinical competency committee, Henry Ford Hospital
- CLIA Laboratory director, Henry Ford Hospital; Livonia, Canton, Pierson and Woodhaven
- Associate program director, Pathology residency program, Henry Ford Hospital
- American Board of Pathology, Hematopathology
- American Board of Pathology, Anatomic Pathology
- American Board of Pathology, Clinical Pathology
- LEAN Silver Certification, LEAN Training for Healthcare Leaders
- Diagnostic and prognostic markers in lymphomas
- Molecular characterization of lymphomas
- Biomarkers for early detection of progression and transformation of low-grade lymphomas
- 2018–2019 Teacher of the Year, Henry Ford Pathology Residency Program
- 2015–2016 Teacher of the Year, Henry Ford Pathology Residency Program
- 2014 Fellow, American Society for Clinical Pathology (FASCP)
- Dec 2011 Fellow, College of American Pathologists (FCAP)
- 2010 Stowell–Orbison Award Nominee, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- 2010 Association of Indian Pathologists in North America (AIPNA) USCAP Poster Award
- 2009–2010 College of American Pathologists (CAP) Advanced Hematopathology Training Award
- Aug 2001–Aug 2003 J. Huck Institute of Life Sciences Predoctoral Fellowship Award in Molecular Medicine: Integrative Biosciences Program, Pennsylvania State University
- Vijayanarayanan A, et al. Cholesterol pericarditis. N Engl J Med. 2022;387(11):1021.
- Vijayanarayanan A, et al. The need for rapid cytogenetics in the era of unique therapies for acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv. 2022. [Published online ahead of print Aug 2022]
- Ganapathi KA, et al. Peripheral T-cell lymphomas of the T follicular helper type: clinical, pathological, and genetic attributes. Hemato. 2022;3(1):268–86.
- Anderson J, et al. Discovery of G6PD deficiency in a patient with DUSP22-rearranged ALK-negative anaplastic large cell lymphoma in leukemic phase. Int J Lab Hematol. 2022;44(1):67–8.
- Friedman B, et al. An elderly male with a chronic rash of the right foot. Ind Jour of Derm. 2020;65(3):222–24.
- Van Slambrouck C, et al. Diagnostic utility of STAT6(YE361) expression in classical Hodgkin lymphoma and related entities. Mod Pathol. 2020;33(5):834–45.
- Vaddepally RK, eta l. A rare case of follicular lymphoma transformed to a high-grade B-cell lymphoma in orbit. Clin Case Rep. 2019;7(5):1053–56.
- Karner KH, et al. Post-transplant CD4+ non-cytotoxic gamma delta T cell lymphoma with lymph node involvement. J Hematopathol. 2018;11:107.
- Kezlarian B, et al. GATA3 immunohistochemical staining in Hodgkin lymphoma: diagnostic utility in differentiating classic Hodgkin lymphoma from nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma and other mimicking entities. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2019;27(3):180–84.