Skip to main content
Ting Liu, MD
Sarcoma Pathology Subspecialty Director
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Master’s Degree—Pathophysiology, Peking Union Medical College
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Fellowship—Oncologic Surgical Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- American Board of Pathology
- Translational oncologic research focus on GU and bone/soft tissue pathology
- Outstanding Teaching Award in Anatomic Pathology, 2015
- Outstanding Teaching Award in Anatomic Pathology, 2009
- Maughan BL, et al. Modulation of premetastatic niche by the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor pazopanib in localized high-risk prostate cancer followed by radical prostatectomy: a phase ii randomized trial. Oncologist. 2018 Dec;23(12):1413–e151.
- Gupta S, Albertson D, Gaston D, Heilbrun ME, Agarwal N, Boucher K, Parnell TJ, Liu T, Morgans A, Madison R, Gowen K, Miller VA, Ross JS, Ali SM, Millis SZ. Comprehensive genomic sequencing of urothelial tumors identifies rare SMARCB1 (INI-1)-deficient carcinomas of the urinary system. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018 Apr;16(2):e373–82.
- Lewis AJ, et al. Histone deacetylase 6 regulates bladder architecture and host susceptibility to uropathogenic Escherichia coli. Pathogens. 2016 Feb 14;5(1).
- Barrott JJ, et al. Modeling synovial sarcoma metastasis in the mouse: PI3'-lipid signaling and inflammation. J Exp Med. 2016 Dec 12;213(13):2989–3005.
- Albertson DJ, Schmidt RL, Bearss JJ, Tripp SR, Bearss DJ, Liu T. Patterns and significance of PIM kinases in urothelial carcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2015 Nov-Dec;23(10):717–23.
- Monument MJ, et al. Molecular confirmation of Ewing sarcoma in an 85-year-old woman. Int J Surg Pathol. 2015 Sep;23(6):500–4.
- Shapiro SG, et al. Canine urothelial carcinoma: genomically aberrant and comparatively relevant. Chromosome Res. 2015 Jun;23(2):311–31.
- Tantravahi SK, et al. survival outcomes and tumor IMP3 expression in patients with sarcomatoid metastatic renal cell carcinoma. J Oncol. 2015;2015:181926.
- Agarwal JP, et al. The breast reconstruction evaluation of acellular dermal matrix as a sling trial (BREASTrial): design and methods of a prospective randomized trial. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015 Jan;135(1):20e–8e.
- Mendenhall SD, Anderson LA, Ying J, Boucher KM, Liu T, Neumayer LA, Agarwal JP. The BREASTrial: stage I. Outcomes from the time of tissue expander and acellular dermal matrix placement to definitive reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015 Jan;135(1):29e–42e.
- Foulks JM, et al. A small-molecule inhibitor of PIM kinases as a potential treatment for urothelial carcinomas. Neoplasia. 2014 May;16(5):403–12.