Skip to main content
Kamisha L. Johnson-Davis, PhD, DABCC (CC, TC)
Medical Director: Clinical Toxicology
Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Drug screening
- Neonatal drug testing
- Trace and toxic elements
- Doctorate Degree—Pharmacology, University of Utah
- Fellowship—Center for Human Toxicology
- Fellowship—Clinical Chemistry, University of Utah
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry (Clinical Chemistry, Toxicological Chemistry)
- Certification of Qualification, New York State Department of Health
- Assay development for drug testing by mass spectrometry and immunoassay
- Therapeutic drug monitoring in pediatric and adult patients
- Drug testing in oral fluid
- Travel Scholarship, AAMC Minority Faculty Career Development Seminar, 2014
- International Travel Grant, International Association of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Clinical Toxicology (IATDMCT), 16th Congress, 2018
- Petrides AK, et al. The development and validation of a turbulent flow-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric method for the simultaneous quantification of citalopram, sertraline, bupropion and hydroxybupropion in serum. Clin Biochem. 2014 Oct;47(15):73–9.
- Lin CN, Juenke JM, Johnson-Davis KL. Method validation of a tricyclic antidepressant drug panel in urine by UPLC-MS/MS. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2014 Fall;44(4):431–6.
- Marin SJ, et al. Comparison of drug detection by three quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry platforms. J Anal Toxicol. 2015 Mar;39(2):89–95.
- Rule GS, Rockwood AL, Johnson-Davis KL. LC-MS/MS method for determination of teriflunomide, over a 40,000-fold dynamic range using overlapping calibrators. Ther Drug Monit. 2015 Aug;37(4):472–8.
- McMillin GA, et al. A hybrid approach to urine drug testing using high-resolution mass spectrometry and select immunoassays. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Feb;143(2):234–40.
- Johnson-Davis KL, et al. Everolimus method comparison between Waters MassTrak™ Immunosuppressants XE (IUO) kit and an in-house laboratory developed LC-MS/MS method in renal transplant patients. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015 Winter;45(1):27–31
- Schniedewind B, et al. Long-term cross-validation of everolimus therapeutic drug monitoring assays: the Zortracker study. Ther Drug Monit. 2015 Jun;37(3):296–303.
- Johnson-Davis KL, Slawson MH. Ethyl Glucuronide positivity rate in a pain management population. J Anal Toxicol. 2015 Nov-Dec;39(9):686–90.
- Marin SJ, et al. One hundred false-positive amphetamine specimens characterized by liquid chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Anal Toxicol. 2016 Jan-Feb;40(1):37–42.
- Johnson-Davis KL, Sadler AJ, Genzen JR. A retrospective analysis of urine drugs of abuse immunoassay true positive rates at a National Reference Laboratory. J Anal Toxicol. 2016 Mar;40(2):97–107.
- Yang HS, Wu AH, Johnson-Davis KL. Development and validation of an LC-MS/MS sulfonylurea assay for hypoglycemia cases in the emergency department. Clin Chim Acta. 2016 Feb 15;454: 130–4.
- Dasgupta A, Khalil SA, Johnson-Davis KL. analytical performance evaluation of a new cobas tacrolimus assay on cobas e411 analyzer: comparison of values obtained by the cmia tacrolimus assay and a liquid chromatography combined with tandem mass spectrometric method. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016 Spring;46(2):204–8.
- Powers JL, et al. Multigene and drug interaction approach for tamoxifen metabolite patterns reveals possible involvement of CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and ABCB1. J Clin Pharmacol. 2016 Dec;56(12):1570–81.
- Dasgupta A, et al. Effect of carbamazepine 10, 11-epoxide on serum carbamazepine measurement using a new CMIA assay: comparison of values obtained by using PETINIA, CEDIA and liquid chromatography combined with tandem mass spectrometry. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016 May;46(3):242–6.
- Barakauskas VE, et al. Process optimization to improve immunosuppressant drug testing turnaround time. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Aug;146(2):182–90.
- Wong SH, et al. Everolimus TDM using Thermo Fisher QMS immunoassay on Indiko, Beckman DxC, AU680, and AU5800 analyzers. J Clin Biochem. 2017 May;50(7–8):425–30.
- Wu F, Slawson MH, Johnson-Davis KL. Metabolic patterns of fentanyl, meperidine, methylphenidate, tapentadol and tramadol observed in urine, serum or plasma. J Anal Toxicol. 2017 May 1;41(4):289–99.
- Merrigan SD, et al
- Wu F, et al. Retrospective data analysis of the influence of age and sex on TPMT activity and its phenotype-genotype correlation. J Appl Lab Med. 2019 Mar;3(5):827–38.