Brian R. Jackson, MD, MS
Medical Director: Support Services, IT, and Business Development
Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Master’s Degree—Medical Informatics, University of Utah
- Medical Degree—University of Utah School of Medicine
- Residency—Clinical Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Fellowship—National Library of Medicine Informatics, University of Utah
- American Board of Pathology
- American Medical Informatics Association
- College of American Pathologists
- Economic analysis of diagnostic testing
- Physician utilization of laboratory tests
- Corporate social responsibility in healthcare
- Jackson BR, et al. The ethics of artificial intelligence in pathology and laboratory medicine: principles and practice. Acad Pathol. 2021;8:2374289521990784.
- Jackson BR, et al. The lab must go on. Am J Clin Pathol. 2021;155(1):4–11.
- Whitehead NS, et al. The effect of laboratory test-based clinical decision support tools on medication errors and adverse drug events: a laboratory medicine best practices systematic review. J Appl Lab Med. 2019;3(6):1035–48.
- Jackson BR. Social responsibility practices of EHR vendors: an analysis of disclosures in annual corporate reports and websites. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2018;2018:609–15.
- Hueth KD, et al. An audit of repeat testing at an academic medical center: guideline adherence and potential cost savings. Am J Clin Pathol. 2018;150(1):27–33.
- Rudolf J, et al. Organizational benchmarks for test utilization performance: an example based on positivity rates for genetic tests. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017;147(4):382–9.