David R. Hillyard, MD
Medical Director: Molecular Infectious Diseases
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Medical microbiology
- Microbial genetics
- Medical Degree—Columbia University
- Residency—Pathology Chief Resident, St. Luke’s—Roosevelt Hospital
- Fellowship—Microbial Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Medical Microbiology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- New York Qualification
- Molecular Pathology and Genetics
- Hepatitis, HIV
- National Science Foundation Scholarship (Genetics)
- Tolan NV, et al. New therapies for treating hepatitis C virus: impact on laboratory testing recommendations and clinical management. Clin Chem. 2017 Dec;63(12):1799–1805.
- Pyne MT, et al. Sequencing of the hepatitis D virus RNA WHO international standard. J Clin Virol. 2017 May;90:52–6.
- Hayden RT, et al. Progress in Quantitative Viral Load Testing: Variability and Impact of the WHO Quantitative International Standards. J Clin Microbiol. 2017 Feb;55(2):423–30.
- Zhang Y, et al. Serology enhances molecular diagnosis of respiratory virus infections other than influenza in children and adults hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia. J Clin Microbiol. 2016 Dec 28;55(1):79–89.
- Fryer JF, et al. A collaborative study to establish the 1st WHO International Standard of human cytomegalovirus for nucleic acid amplification technology. Biological. 2016 Jul;44(4):242–51.
- Mallory MA, et al. Evaluation of the Abbott Realtime HCV genotype plus RUO (PLUS) assay with reference to core and NS5B sequencing. J Clin Virol. 2017 May;90:26–31.
- Pyne MT, Mallory M, Hillyard DR. HCV RNA measurement in samples with diverse genotypes using versions 1 and 2 of the Roche COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HCV test. J Clin Virol. 2015 Apr;65:54–7.
- Jain S, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia requiring hospitalization among U.S. children. N Engl J Med. 2015 Feb 26;372(9):835–45.
- Pyne MT, et al. Testing and genotyping of high-risk human papillomavirus by the cobas HPV test and the Hybrid Capture 2 high-risk HPV DNA test using cervical and vaginal samples. J Clin Microbiol. 2014 May;52(5):1720–3.
- Mallory MA, et al. Evaluation of the Abbott realtime HCV genotype II RUO (GT II) assay with reference to 5'UTR, core and NS5B sequencing. J Clin Virol. 2014 May;60(1):22–6.