Skip to main content
Evin Gulbahce, MD
Breast, FISH and Cytopathologyy
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Breast pathology
- Medical Degree—Hacettepe University School of Medicine
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Minnesota
- Fellowship—Surgical Pathology, University of Minnesota
- American Board of Pathology
- Breast cancer risk factors, specifically for basal-like and triple negative breast cancers
- HER2 testing
- Clinical Excellence, Department of Pathology, University of Utah
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Department of Pathology, University of Utah
- Gulbahce HE, Coleman JF, Sirohi D. Interference of tissue-marking dyes with fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) assays. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Nov;143(11):1299.
- Lin L, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists (ASCO/CAP) 2018 Focused Update of Breast Cancer HER2 FISH Testing Guidelines: Results from a National Reference Laboratory. Am J Clin Pathol. 2019 June 7 [Epub ahead of print]
- Schneider F, et al. The FDA Approved Breast Cancer HER2 Evaluation Kit (HercepTest, Dako) may Miss Some HER2Positive Breast Cancers. Am J Clin Pathol. 2019;151(5):504-510.
- Gulbahce HE, et al. Differences in molecular features of triple negative breast cancer based on age at diagnosis. Cancer. 2018 Dec 15;124:4676–84.
- Gulbahce HE. Impact of 2013 American Society of Clinical Oncology / College of American Pathologists (ASCO/CAP) guidelines on HER2 fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) testing in breast cancers: experience from a national reference laboratory. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 Oct 1; 148(4):308–13.
- Johnson ED, et al. Primary cystic pleuropulmonary synovial sarcoma presenting as recurrent pneumothorax. Case Rep Onco. 2017 Jul 14;10(2):660–5.
- Stewart RL, et al. HER2 immunohistochemical and fluorescence in situ hybridization discordances in invasive breast carcinoma with micropapillary features. Mod Pathol. 2017 Nov;30(11):1561–6.
- Ling H, et al. RAI1 alternate probe identifies additional breast cancer cases as amplified following equivocal HER2 FISH testing: experience from a national reference laboratory. Arch of Pathol Lab Med. 2017 Feb;141(2):274–8.
- Johnson E, et al. Malignant phyllodes tumor presenting in bone, brain, lungs, and lymph nodes. Case Rep Onco. 2016;9:861–8.
- Geiersbach K, et al. Genomic copy number analysis of HER2 equivocal breast cancers. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Oct;146(4):439–47.
- Willmore-Payne C, et al. Inconsistent results with different secondary reflex assays in resolving HER2 status. AM J Clin Pathol. 2016 Nov 1;146(5):618–26.
- Gulbahce HE, Factor R, Geiersbach K, Downs-Kelly E. HER2 immunohistochemistry guided targeted FISH analysis does not help identify intratumoral heterogeneity in breast cancer. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2016 Aug;140(8):741.
- Gulbahce HE, et al. Quantification of estrogen receptor expression in normal breast tissue in postmenopausal women with breast cancer and association with tumor subtypes. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2017 Sep;25(8):548–52.
- Witt BL, et al. Use of in situ hybridization for HPV in head and neck tumors: experience from a national reference laboratory. Head Neck Pathol. 2015 Mar;9(1):60–4.
- Gulbahce HE, et al. Lobulitis in non-neoplastic breast tissue from breast cancer patients: association with phenotypes that are common in hereditary breast cancer. Human Pathology. 2014 Jan;45(1):78–84.