Tracy I. George, MD
President and Chief Scientific Officer
Medical Director: Hematopathology
Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Laboratory hematology
- Medical Degree—University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency—Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Surgical Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Chief Medical Officer, ARUP Laboratories
- Executive Director, Clinical Trials and PharmaDx, ARUP Laboratories
- Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs, University of New Mexico Department of Pathology
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology)
- Mast cell disease
- Translational hematopathology
- Laboratory hematology
- Healthcare Hero, Utah Business Magazine
- Lifetime Achievement Award, College of American Pathologists
- First Annual Dr. Steve Chen Hematopathology Lectureship, University of New Mexico
- Genzen JR, et al. Integrity of SARS-CoV-2 laboratory-developed tests. JAMA. 2022;328(5):478.
- Leguit RJ, et al. The international consensus classification of mastocytosis and related entities. Virchows Arch. 2022 [Published online ahead of print Oct 2022]
- Sotlar K, et al. Standards of pathology in the diagnosis of systemic mastocytosis: recommendations of the EU-US Cooperative Group. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2022;10(8):1986–1998.e2.
- Ohgami RS, et al. An analysis of the pathologic features of blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm based on a comprehensive literature database of cases. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2022. [Published online ahead of print Sep 2022]
- DeAngelo DJ, et al. Safety and efficacy of avapritinib in advanced systemic mastocytosis: the phase 1 EXPLORER trial. Nat Med. 2021;27(12):2183–91.
- Gotlib J, et al. Efficacy and safety of avapritinib in advanced systemic mastocytosis: interim analysis of the phase 2 PATHFINDER trial. Nat Med. 2021;27(12):2192–9.
- Han SY, et al. Secondary cytogenetic abnormalities in core-binding factor AML harboring inv(6) vs t(8;21). Blood Adv. 2021;5(10):2481–9.
- Weinberg OK, et al. Clinical, immunophenotypic and genomic findings of NK lymphoblastic leukemia: a study from the Bone Marrow Pathology Group. Mod Pathol. 2021;34(7):1358–66.
- Kelemen K, et al. Eosinophilia/Hypereosinophilia in the Setting of Reactive and Idiopathic Causes, Well-defined Myeloid or Lymphoid Leukemias, or Germline Disorders. Am J Clin Pathol. 2021;155(2):179–210.
- Pozdnyakova O, et al. Myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms associated with eosinophilia and rearrangements of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, or FGFR1 or with PCM1-JAK2. Am J Clin Pathol. 2021;155(2):160–78.
- King RL, et al. Reactive eosinophil proliferations in tissue and the lymphocytic variant of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Am J Clin Pathol. 2021;155(2):211–38.
- Rimsza L, et al. Addressing the challenges of eosinophilia and mastocytosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2021;155(2):156–9.
- Tzankov A, et al. Mastocytosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2021;155(2):239–66.
- Lozano-Chinga M, et al. Bone marrow necrosis in pediatric malignancies: 10-year retrospective review and review of literature. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2021;68(3):e28806.
- Patel JL, et al. Real-world diagnostic testing patterns for assessment of ring sideroblasts and SF3B1 mutations in patients with newly diagnosed lower-risk myelodysplastic syndromes. Int J Lab Hematol. 2021;43(3):426–32
- Ustun C, et al. Core-binding factor acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16): Older age and high white blood cell count are risk factors for treatment failure. Int J Lab Hematol. 2021;43(1):e19–e25.
- Ok CY, et al. Chronic Myeloid Neoplasms Harboring Concomitant mutations in myeloproliferative neoplasm driver genes (JAK2/ MPL/ CALR) and SF3B1. Mod Pathol. 2021;34(1):20–31.
- George TI, et al. Diagnosis of rare subtypes of acute myeloid leukaemia and related neoplasms. Pathology. 2021;53(3):312–27.
- Ozturk K, et al. Non-hematologic diagnosis of systemic mastocytosis: collaboration of radiology and pathology. Blood Rev. 2021;45:100693.
- Febres MC, et al. Drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS)-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH), an important and underrecognized HLH mimic: a case report. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2021;68(2).
- Gotlib J, et al. Proceedings from the inaugural American Initiative in Mast Cell Disease (AIM) Investigator Conference. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2021;147(6):2043–52.
- Gerds AT, et al. Myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms with eosinophilia and TK fusion genes, version 3.2021, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Journal of National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2020;18(9);1248–69.
- Foucar K, et al. Concordance among hematopathologists in classifying blasts plus promonocytes: a bone marrow pathology group study. Int J Lab Hematol. 2020;42(4), 418–22.
- Pollyea DA, et al. Diagnostic and molecular testing patterns in patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia in the Connect® MDS/ AML Disease Registry. eJHaem. 2020;1–11.
- Hartmann K, et al. Midostaurin improves quality of life and mediator-related symptoms in advanced systemic mastocytosis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020;146(2):356–66.
- Valent P, et al. Mast cells as a unique hematopoietic lineage and cell system: From Paul Ehrlich's visions to precision medicine concepts. Theranostics. 2020;10(23):10743–68.
- Reiter A, et al. New molecular genetics and treatment paradigms in advanced systemic mastocytosis. Blood. 2020;135(16):1365-76.
- Utz JL, et al. "Soccer-ball" lymphocytosis. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2020;120(4):286.
- Hayward CPM, et al. Patient advocacy and its importance to laboratory medicine practice. Int J Lab Hematol. 2020;42 Suppl 1:21-2.
- George TI. Evolution of the International Journal of Laboratory Hematology. Int J Lab Hematol. 2020;42(Suppl 1):6–7.
- Hoffmann JC, et al. Rosai-Dorfman disease of the breast with variable IgG4+ plasma cells: a diagnostic mimicker of other malignant and reactive entities. Am J Surg Pathol. 2019;43(12), 1653–60.
- Karner K, et al. Current aspects of clonal hematopoiesis: implications for clinical diagnosis. Ann Lab Med. 2019;39(6):509–14.
- Gotlib J, et al. A phase 2 study of brentuximab bedotin in patients with CD30-positive advanced systemic mastocytosis. Blood Adv. 2019;3(15):2264–71.
- Corean JL, et al. Bone marrow findings in metastatic melanoma, including role of BRAF immunohistochemistry. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019;41(4):550–60
- Li P, et al. Revisiting diagnostic criteria for myelodysplatic/myeloproliferative neoplasms with ring sideroblasts and thrombocytosis: borderline cases without anemia exist. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019;41(3):345–52.
- Bahr TM, et al. The Neonatal Acute Bilirubin Encephalopathy Registry (NABER): background, aims, and protocol. Neonatology. 2019;115(3):242–6.
- Christensen RD, et al. Acute neonatal bilirubin encephalopathy in the state of Utah 2009–2018. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2018;72:10–3.
- Jennings SV, et al. Patient perceptions in mast cell disorders. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2018;38(3):505–52.
- Bruegel M, et al. Multicenter evaluation of the cobas m 511 integrated hematology analyzer. Int J Lab Hematol. 2018;40(6):672–82.
- Margolskee E, et al. A reevaluation of erythroid predominance in Acute Myeloid Leukemia using the updated WHO 2016 criteria. Mod Pathol. 2018;31(6):873–80.
- Ustun C, et al. Core-binding factor acute myeloid leukemia with t(8; 21): risk factors and a novel scoring system (I-CBFit). Cancer Med. 2018;7(9),4447–55.
- Sumarriva Lezama L, et al. An analysis of blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm with translocations involving the MYC locus identifies t(6;8)(p21;q24) as a recurrent cytogenetic abnormality. Histopathology. 2018;73(5):767–76.
- Hatch EW, et al. Variability of PD-L1 expression in mastocytosis. Blood Adv. 2018;2(3):189–99.
- DeAngelo DJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of midostaurin in patients with advanced systemic mastocytosis: 10-year median follow-up of a phase II trial. Leukemia. 2018;32(2):470–8.
- Goyal T, et al. T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia and coexisting B-cell lymphomas: a study from the bone marrow pathology group. Am J Clin Pathol. 2018;149(2):164–71.
- Valent P, et al. Midostaurin: a magic bullet that blocks mast cell expansion and activation. Ann Oncol. 2017;28(10):2367–76.
- Wang SA, et al. Bone marrow morphology is a strong discriminator between chronic eosinophilic leukemia, not otherwise specified and reactive idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome. Haematologica. 2017;102(8):1352–60.
- George TI, et al. Evaluation of testing of acute leukemia samples: survey result from the College of American Pathologists. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141(8):1101–6.
- Gars E, et al. A replicable CD271+ mesenchymal stromal cell density score: bringing the dysfunctional myelodysplastic syndrome niche to the diagnostic laboratory. Leuk Lymphoma. 2017;58(7):1730–2
- Rogers HJ, et al. Most myeloid neoplasms with deletion of chromosome 16q are distinct from acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16)(p13.1q22): a bone marrow pathology group multicenter study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017;147(4):411–9.