Skip to main content
Tracy I. George, MD
Executive Director: Clinical Trials & PharmaDX
Medical Director: Hematopathology
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Flow Cytometry
- Medical Degree—University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency—Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Surgical Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology)
- Mast cell disease
- Translational hematopathology
- Laboratory hematology
- Lifetime Achievement Award, College of American Pathologists
- First Annual Dr. Steve Chen Hematopathology Lectureship, University of New Mexico
- Karner K,George TI, Patel JL. Current aspects of clonal hematopoiesis: implications for clinical diagnosis. Ann Lab Med. 2019 Nov;39(6):509–14.
- Gotlib J, et al. A phase 2 study of brentuximab bedotin in patients with CD30-positive advanced systemic mastocytosis.Blood Adv. 2019 Aug 13;3(15):2264–71.
- Corean JL,et al. Bone marrow findings in metastatic melanoma, including role of BRAF immunohistochemistry. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019 Aug;41(4):550–60
- Li P, et al. Revisiting diagnostic criteria for myelodysplatic/myeloproliferative neoplasms with ring sideroblasts and thrombocytosis: borderline cases without anemia exist.Int J Lab Hematol. 2019 Jun;41(3):345–52.
- Bahr TM, et al. The Neonatal Acute Bilirubin Encephalopathy Registry (NABER): background, aims, and protocol. Neonatology. 2019;115(3):242–6.
- Christensen RD, et al. Acute neonatal bilirubin encephalopathy in the state of Utah 2009–2018.Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2018 Sep;72:10–3.
- Jennings SV, et al. Patient perceptions in mast cell disorders.Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2018 Aug;38(3):505–52.
- Bruegel M,et al. Multicenter evaluation of the cobas m 511 integrated hematology analyzer. Int J Lab Hematol. 2018 Dec;40(6):672–82.
- Margolskee E, et al. A reevaluation of erythroid predominance in Acute Myeloid Leukemia using the updated WHO 2016 criteria. Mod Pathol.2018 Jun;31(6):873–80.
- Ustun C, et al. Core-binding factor acute myeloid leukemia with t(8; 21): risk factors and a novel scoring system (I-CBFit). Cancer Med. 2018 Sep;7(9),4447–55.
- Sumarriva Lezama L, et al. An analysis of blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm with translocations involving the MYC locus identifies t(6;8)(p21;q24) as a recurrent cytogenetic abnormality. Histopathology. 2018 Nov;73(5):767–76.
- Hatch EW, et al. Variability of PD-L1 expression in mastocytosis.Blood Adv. 2018 Feb 13;2(3):189–99.
- DeAngelo DJ,et al. Efficacy and safety of midostaurin in patients with advanced systemic mastocytosis: 10-year median follow-up of a phase II trial. Leukemia. 2018 Feb;32(2):470–8.
- Goyal T, et al. T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia and coexisting B-cell lymphomas: a study from the bone marrow pathology group.Am J Clin Pathol. 2018 Jan 29;149(2):164–71.
- Valent P, et al. Midostaurin: a magic bullet that blocks mast cell expansion and activation.Ann Oncol. 2017 Oct 1;28(10):2367–76.
- Wang SA, et al. Bone marrow morphology is a strong discriminator between chronic eosinophilic leukemia, not otherwise specified and reactive idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome.Haematologica. 2017 Aug;102(8):1352–60.
- George TI, et al. Evaluation of testing of acute leukemia samples: survey result from the College of American Pathologists.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017 Aug;141(8):1101–6.
- Gars E, et al. A replicable CD271+ mesenchymal stromal cell density score: bringing the dysfunctional myelodysplastic syndrome niche to the diagnostic laboratory.Leuk Lymphoma. 2017 Jul;58(7):1730–2
- Rogers HJ, et al. Most myeloid neoplasms with deletion of chromosome 16q are distinct from acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16)(p13.1q22): a bone marrow pathology group multicenter study.Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 Apr 1;147(4):411–9.
- Steensma DP, et al. Connect MDS/AML: design of the myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia disease registry, a prospective observational cohort study.BMC Cancer. 2016 Aug 19;16:
- Ren M, et al. Development of ZMYM2-FGFR1 driven AML in human CD34+ cells in immunocompromised mice.Int J Cancer. 2016 Aug 15;139(4):836–40.
- Ustun C, et al. Consensus opinion on allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation in advanced systemic mastocytosis.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016 Aug;22(8):1348–56.
- Wang SA, et al. Targeted next-generation sequencing identifies a subset of idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome with features similar to chronic eosinophilic leukemia, not otherwise specified.Mod Pathol. 2016 Aug;29(8):854–64.
- Gotlib J, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Midostaurin in Advanced Systemic Mastocytosis. N Engl J Med.2016 Jun 30;374(26):2530–41.
- Hayward CP, et al. Report on the International Society for Laboratory Hematology Survey on guidelines to support clinical hematology laboratory practice.Int J Lab Hematol. 2016 May;38(Suppl 1):133–8.
- Hayward CP, et al. Assembly and evaluation of an inventory of guidelines that are available to support clinical hematology laboratory practice. Int J Lab Hematol.2015 May;37(Suppl 1):36–45.
- Mahmoud AZ,et al. Scoring of MYCprotein expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas: concordance rate among hematopathologists. Mod Pathol. 2015 Apr;28(4):545–51.
- Deucher AM, et al. BCL6 expression correlates with the t(1;19) translocation in B-lymphoblastic leukemia.Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Apr;143(4):547–57.
- Chisholm KM, et al. Mast cells in systemic mastocytosis have distinctly brighter CD45 expression by flow cytometry.Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Apr;143(4):527–34.
- Hughes J, et al. Infusion pump-mediated mechanical hemolysis in pediatric patients.Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015 Spring;45(2):140–7.
- Bourner G, et al. ICSH guidelines for the verification and performance of automated cell counters for body fluids.Int J Lab Hematol. 2014 Dec;36(6):598–612.
- Hasserjian RP, et al. De novo acute myeloid leukemia with 20-29% blasts is less aggressive than acute myeloid leukemia with >/=30% blasts in older adults: a Bone Marrow Pathology Group study.Am J Hematol. 2014 Nov;89(11):E193–9.
- Ludwig LS, et al. Altered translation of GATA1 in Diamond-Blackfan anemia. Nat Med. 2014 Jul;20(7):748–53.