Skip to main content
Daniel Albertson, MD
Section Head: Surgical Pathology
Subspecialties: Genitourinary, gynecologic, breast, sarcoma, FISH, and autopsy pathology
Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fish Pathology
- Medical Degree—University of Nebraska
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Creighton University
- Fellowship—Surgical Pathology, University of Utah
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- Oncologic genitourinary and gynecologic pathology
- Solid tumor florescent in situ hybridization
- Applications of digital pathology
- Hal Lankford Pathology Resident Award, University of Nebraska, 2011
- Outstanding Teaching Award in Anatomic Pathology, University of Utah, 2017
- The Joe Holden Award for Clinical Excellence in Anatomic Pathology, 2018
- Stenehjem DD, et al. Predictive genomic markers of response to VEGF targeted therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2019 Jan 25;14(1):e0210415
- Gupta S, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition has targeted clinical benefit in ARID1A-mutated advanced urothelial carcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2019 Jan;18(1):185–95.
- Tward JD, et al. Demographics, stage distribution, and relative roles of surgery and radiotherapy on survival of persons with primary prostate sarcomas. Cancer Med. 2018 Dec;7(12):6030–9.
- Gupta S, et al. Comprehensive genomic sequencing of urothelial tumors identifies rare SMARCB1 (INI-1)-deficient carcinomas of the urinary system. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018 Apr;16(2):e373–82.
- Kuzman JA, Stenehjem DD, Merriman J, Agarwal AM, Patel SB, Hahn AW, Alex A, Albertson D, Gill DM, Agarwal N (2017). Neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio as a predictive biomarker for response to high dose interleukin-2 in patients with renal cell carcinoma. BMC Urol. 2017 Jan 5;17(1):1.
- Merriman J, et al.. Durable response to treatment with combination radiotherapy and high dose interleukin-2 in metastatic chromophobe variant renal cell carcinoma. J Immunother. 2016 Feb-Mar;39(2):101–3.
- Albertson D, et al. Patterns and significance of PIM kinases in urothelial carcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2015 Nov-Dec;23(10):717–23.
- Monument MJ, et al. Molecular confirmation of ewing sarcoma in an 85-year-old woman. Int J Surg Pathol. 2015 Sep;23(6):500–4.
- Shapiro SG,et al. Canine urothelial carcinoma: genomically aberrant and comparatively relevant. Chromosome Res. 2015 Jun;23(2):311–31.
- Srinivas K, et al. Survival outcomes and tumor IMP3 expression in patients with sarcomatoid metastic renal cell carcinoma. J Oncol. 2015;2015:181926.