Wellness Center Amenities
ARUP’s Kjeldsberg Wellness Center, located at 560 Komas Drive, includes men’s and women’s showers (three each, located in the restrooms), as well as separate day lockers and cubbies. Exercise equipment includes cardiorespiratory fitness machines, strength training machines, free weights, and an open space with cushioned floors.
Masks and Physical Distancing Guidelines
- Mask and physical distancing are required while utilizing the Wellness Center.
- Masks and physical distancing are required for both unvaccinated employees and spouses who choose to utilize the Wellness Center.
- Masks continue to be available at the entrance of the Wellness Center for employees and spouses, and use of the Wellness Center continues to be monitored to limit and/or track the spread of illness.
- Only ARUP employees and spouses (who have signed our eligibility waiver and obtained an access badge) are permitted in the Wellness Center.
- In order to maintain a safe, clean environment in the Wellness Center, all equipment that is used/touched must be cleaned with the available cleaning solution and returned to its appropriate location.
- Additional facility precautions include a minimum hourly air exchange rate (ACH) of 6, which aligns with the minimum range of 4–6 exchanges/hour that are thought to be effective in decreasing risk of airborne transmission of illness. The article at the following link discusses additional research on air exchange rates and disease transmission: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2779062.
- In addition, we ask that employees and/or spouses who are feeling ill or experiencing respiratory symptoms forego utilizing the Wellness Center until symptoms have resolved.
12-Week Fitness Programs
Each quarter, we offer two 12-week fitness programs. “Muscle Up” is a gym-oriented workout that focuses on building muscle and improving muscular strength, while “Commit to Fit” is a home-oriented workout that focuses on improving muscular fitness with little or no equipment.
We offer a variety of beginner and advanced 15-minute workouts—perfect for work breaks. Most of these workouts can be completed at the gym or at home.
- Lower Body Blast Beginner
- Lower Body Blast Advanced
- Ultimate Upper Body Beginner
- Ultimate Upper Body Advanced
- Full Body Fusion Beginner
- Full Body Fusion Advanced
- Crush Your Core Beginner
- Crush Your Core Advanced
- Stretch and Relax Beginner
- Stretch and Relax Advanced
The fitness assessment takes about one hour and provides participants with a variety of objective, baseline fitness measures. The assessment includes resting measures (blood pressure, height, weight, body composition, and circumferences), cardiorespiratory fitness testing, muscular fitness testing, and a flexibility measure. Start with a fitness assessment to improve your health and fitness and to track your progress.
ARUP Wellness offers prescription exercise appointments, which take about one hour and include a one-on-one consultation to develop an individualized plan to address specific health and fitness goals, hands-on exercise technique instruction, and progressive exercise programs for participants to follow. We encourage follow-up appointments to reinforce proper form and progression.
Our corrective exercise program is for individuals who feel limited by chronic pain and/or dysfunction in one or more affected joints/muscles. It includes four 30- to 60-minute appointments over the course of 4–16 weeks, and includes an initial evaluation followed by progressive exercises and stretches to alleviate pain/dysfunction and prevent future pain/injury.
Ergonomic Exercises and Stretches
Below are resources for those experiencing pain or dysfunction due to the repetitive nature of their work. These exercises and stretches are offered in both PDF and video format and can be completed on the job or at home.
- Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Exercises and Stretches for Home or Work
- Neck, Shoulder, and Back Exercises and Stretches for Work
- Neck, Shoulder, and Back Exercises and Stretches for Home
If you’re interested in any of the offerings described above, contact the Wellness Center to schedule an appointment.