On this page:
ARUP Employee Guidance
As of March 15, 2022, ARUP employees are no longer required to report symptoms of COVID-19 or positive COVID-19 test results to the Family Health Clinic. If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19, please contact the clinic via MyChart (preferred) or the clinic’s email address (email@example.com), instead of calling, in order to keep the clinic phone lines open.
Employees With Possible COVID-19 Symptoms
- Go to a self-collection kiosk in Building 606 for COVID-19 testing as soon as possible.
Employees Who Test Positive for COVID-19
- Employees who are ill with COVID-19 or any other condition should work directly with their supervisors to plan time away from work.
- The Family Health Clinic may recommend that an employee take time away from work to care for illness, but this recommendation should not be interpreted as an excused absence, and employees should follow ARUP protocol for reporting absences.
If you work on site, please strictly follow safety policies and procedures, including use of job-specific PPE and high standards of hygiene. Refer to the CDC’s website for further guidance.
Spouses and Children With Symptoms
Spouses and children can go to the self-collection kiosks at Building 606 for COVID-19 testing.
Make sure they:
- Bring a mobile phone, which they will need in order to use the app to register for a test
- Have your employee number, which they will need when using the app to register
- Refrain from eating or drinking for at least 30 minutes before collecting a saliva specimen
They do not need to call or report anything to the clinic. If they test positive, the email they receive with their test result will include information about appropriate care.
Please note that the self-collection kiosks may be used only by dependents who are eligible to use our clinic.
Spouses and children can also find testing locations at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-covid-19-testing-locations/.