Brittany A. Young, MD, PhD
Director: University Hospital Clinical Laboratories and Farmington Clinical Laboratories
Medical Director: Client Services and Point-of-Care Testing
Assistant Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Doctorate Degree—Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Medical Degree—Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Residency—Clinical Pathology, Chief Resident, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Medical Microbiology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- ARUP Laboratory Director, Huntsman Mental Health Institute
- Acting Assistant Medical Director, Automated Endocrinology, ARUP Laboratories
- American Board of Pathology (Clinical Pathology, Medical Microbiology)
- Quality management
- Pandya V, et al. Deceptively simple: can urine samples from CLIA-waived urine drug screen devices be reused for confirmatory testing? J Appl Lab Med. 2022; jfac094.
- Pandya V, et al. Spirited away: can ethanol testing in add-on orders provide meaningful results? Clin Biochem. 2022;S0009-9120(22)00238-7.
- Young BA, et al. Molecular diagnostic advances in transplant infectious diseases. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2019;21(12):52.
- Shen W, et al. Prenatal detection of uniparental disomy of chromosome 2 carrying a CHRND pathogenic variant that causes lethal multiple pterygium syndrome. Clin Genet. 2018;93(6):1248–9.
- Boylan KE, et al. Pulmonary mycobacterial spindle cell pseudotumor: a report of 3 cases including a practical approach to histopathologic recognition of this unusual entity. Int J Surg Pathol. 2018;26(7):629–34.