Abdulrahman Saadalla, MB, BCh
Medical Director: Immunology Core Lab and Coagulation
Assistant Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
Specialties within field of practice: Clinical pathology, immunology, and coagulation Education
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Alexandria University
- Residency—Clinical Pathology, Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship—Molecular Genetic Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Special Coagulation, Mayo Clinic
- American Board of Pathology: Clinical Pathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Tumor immunology
- Monoclonal gammopathies
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Saadalla A, et al. In special coagulation, think horses not zebras: A clotted sample from a patient with congenital disorder of glycosylation. Int J lab Hematol. 2022. [Published online ahead of print Aug 2022]
- Osman A, et al. TCF-1 controls Treg cell functions that regulate inflammation, CD8+ T cell cytotoxicity and severity of colon cancer. Nat Immunol. 2021;(9):1152–62.
- Saadalla AM, et al. Immunoglobulin variable heavy chain somatic hypermutation testing in a patient with small lymphocytic lymphoma and multiple myeloma. J Appl Lab Med. 2021;(6):1665–70.
- Saadalla A, et al. Evaluation of automated synovial fluid total cell count and percent polymorphonuclear leukocytes on a Sysmex XN-1000 analyzer for identifying patients at risk of septic arthritis. Clin Chim Acta. 2020;510:416–20.
- Saadalla A, et al. Sialic acid-bearing paraproteins are implicated in heparin-like coagulopathy in patients with myeloma. Blood. 2020;136(17):1988–92.
- Saadalla A, et al. Cell intrinsic deregulated ß-catenin signaling promotes expansion of bone marrow derived connective tissue type mast cells, systemic inflammation, and colon cancer. Front Immunol. 2019;10:2777.
- Bishehsari F, et al. Abnormal eating patterns cause circadian disruption and promote alcohol-associated colon carcinogenesis. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020;9(2):219–37.
- Saadalla AM, et al. High sensitivity M-protein detection in a case of light-chain cardiac amyloidosis without evidence of plasma cell dyscrasia. Am J Hematol. 2019;94(5):619–21.
- Puranik AS, et al. Kidney-resident macrophages promote a proangiogenic environment in the normal and chronically ischemic mouse kidney. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):13948.
- Saadalla AM, et al. Mast cells promote small bowel cancer in a tumor stage-specific and cytokine-dependent manner. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115(7):1588–92.
- Khan MW, et al. The STAT3 inhibitor pyrimethamine displays anti-cancer and immune stimulatory effects in murine models of breast cancer. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2018;67(1):13–23.