Heather Nelson, PhD, DABCC
Medical Director: Clinical Chemistry
Assistant Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Doctorate Degree—Cell and Developmental Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Fellowship—Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Fellowship—Clinical Chemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- Laboratory best practices
- 2022 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting—Student Oral Presentation: First Place
- 2022 AACC SYCL Travel Grant
- 2021 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting—Student Research Poster Award: Honorable mention
- 2021 ACLPS Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award
- Kushnir MM, et al. Clinical utility and analytical aspects of direct measurements of free hormones using mass spectrometry based methods. J Appl Lab Med. 2022;7(4):945–70.
- Wyness SP, et al. Clinical and analytical characterization of the DiaSorin and ScheBo fecal pancreatic elastase-1 assays. Pancreas. 2022;51(3):243–49.
- Nelson HA, et al. Mitigation of biotin interference in manual and automated immunoassays by pre-conjugating biotinylated antibodies to the streptavidin surface as an alternative to biotin depletion. J Appl Lab Med. 2022;7(3):762–75.