Skip to main content
Ryan Nelson, PharmD
Medical Director, Precision Medicine
Adjunct Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Applied precision medicine
- Somatic pharmacogenomics
- Germline pharmacogenomics
- Doctorate Degree—Pharmacy, University of Utah College of Pharmacy
- Fellowship—Personalized Cancer Medicine, Moffitt Cancer Center
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American Society of Human Genetics
- Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium
- Clinical utility and value of pharmacogenomics
- Gene-drug pair assessment for future implementation
- Patient adherence to pharmacotherapy
- Nelson RS, et al. UGT1A1 guided dancer therapy: review of the evidence and considerations for clinical implementation. Cancers (Basel). 2021;13(7):1566.
- Mason NT, et al.Budget impact of adaptive abiraterone therapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer. Am Health Drug Benefits. 2021;14(1):15-20.
- Nelson RS, et al. Prioritization of therapy options for apatient with high tumor mutation burden and microsatellite instability but no clinical benefit from immunotherapy. JCO Precis Oncol. 2019;3:PO.19.00197.
- Hunter AM, et al. CSF3R mutations are exceedingly rare genetic events associated with inferior survival and sensitivity to ruxolitinib across myeloid malignancies. Myeloid Malignancies. Blood. 2019;134(Supplement_1):4167.
- Stenehjem DD, et al. Immunotargeted therapy in melanoma: patient, provider preferences, and willingness to pay at an academic cancer center. Melanoma Res. 2019;29(6):626-634.
- Wang Y, et al. Adherence to adjuvant imatinib therapy in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor in clinical practice: a cross-sectional study. Chemotherapy. 2019;64(4):197-204.
- Kim K, et al. Clinical utility of pharmacogenetic testing and a clinical decision support tool to enhance the identification of drug therapy problems through medication therapy management in polypharmacy patients. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2018;24(12):1250-1259.
- Zhang M, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of immunosuppressant nonadherence in heart transplant recipients: a single-center cross-sectional study. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2019;13:2185-2193.
- Au TH, et al. Impact of glioblastoma (GBM)-related cognitive dysfunction (CD) on caregiver burden: preliminary results from multi-site study in the U.S. Palliative and Supportive Care in Oncology Symposium. San Diego, CA. Nov 16-17, 2018. Journal of Clinical Oncology 36, no. 34_suppl. (Dec 2018) 16-16.
- Au T, et al. Development of a novel burden survey for caregivers of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) patients. Neuro Oncol. 2017;19(Suppl 6):vi110.