Rodney R. Miles, MD, PhD
Medical Director: Hematopathology
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Pediatric hematologic malignancies
- Medical Degree—University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Doctorate Degree—Cell Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Residency—Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, University of Michigan
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology)
- Biological subtypes of adult and pediatric non-Hodgkin lymphomas
- Lymphoblastic leukemia and lymphoma
- 2015 Warren G. Sanger Award for Translational Lymphoma Research, 5th International Symposium on Childhood, Adolescent, and Young Adult Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Varese, Italy.
- Teachey DT, et al. Children's Oncology Group Trial AALL1231: a phase III clinical trial testing bortezomib in newly diagnosed T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2022;40(19):2106–18.
- Underdown MJ, et al. Importance of clinical correlation in the diagnosis of pediatric B-cell lymphomas. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2022;69(3):e29527.
- Li P, et al. A clinical, histopathological, and molecular study of two cases of VEXAS syndrome without a definitive myeloid neoplasm. Blood Adv. 2022;6(2):405–9.
- Burke GAA, et al. Dose-adjusted etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide with vincristine and prednisone plus rituximab therapy in children and adolescents with primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: a multicenter phase II trial. J Clin Oncol. 2021;39(33):3716–24.
- Goldman S, et al. A dose substitution of anthracycline intensity with dose-dense rituximab in children and adolescents with good-risk mature B-cell lymphoma. Leukemia. 2021;35(10):2994–7.
- Mangum DS, et al. Association of combined focal 22q11.22 deletion and IKZF1 alterations with outcomes in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. JAMA Oncol. 2021;7(10):1521–8.
- Xu X, et al. Genomic and clinical characterization of early T-cell precursor lymphoblastic lymphoma. Blood Adv. 2021;5(14):2890–900.
- Viola D, et al. Daratumumab induces mechanisms of immune activation through CD38+ NK cell targeting. Leukemia. 2021;35(1):189-200.
- Hayashi RJ, et al. Successful outcomes of newly diagnosed T lymphoblastic lymphoma: results from Children's Oncology Group AALL0434. J Clin Oncol. 2020;38(26):3062–70.
- Minard-Colin V, et al. Rituximab for high-risk, mature B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in children. N Engl J Med. 2020;382(23):2207–19.
- Radhakrishnan SV, et al. CD229 CAR T cells eliminate multiple myeloma and tumor propagating cells without fratricide. Nat Commun. 2020;11(1):798.
- Atanackovic D, et al. In vivo vaccination effect in multiple myeloma patients treated with the monoclonal antibody isatuximab. Leukemia. 2020;34(1):317–21.
- Pearson ADJ, et al. ACCELERATE and European medicine agency paediatric strategy forum for medicinal product development for mature b-cell malignancies in children. Euro J Cancer. 2019 Mar;110:74–85.
- Patel AB, Miles RR, Deininger MW. Lysozyme nephropathy in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Clin Case Rep. 2019 May 10;7(6):1263–4.
- Jafek JL, et al. Transcription factor Oct1 protects against hematopoietic stress and promotes acute myeloid leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2019 Aug;76:38–48.
- Galardy PJ, et al. Lymphoma diagnostics: getting more from less. Jun;185(6):1136–41.
- Chu Y, et al. Ibrutinib significantly inhibited Bruton’s thyrosine kinase (BTK) phosphorylation, in-vitro proliferation and enhanced overall survival in a preclinical Burkitt lymphoma (BL) model. 2018 Oct 11;8(1):e1512455.
- Chisholm KM, et al. IRF4 translocation status in pediatric follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients enrolled in Children’s Oncology Group trials. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2019 Aug;66(8):
- Borga C, et al. Simultaneous B and T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias in zebrafish driven by transgenic MYC: implications for oncogenesis and lymphopoiesis. 2019 Feb;33(2):333–7.
- Zabriskie MS, et al. A novel AGGF1-PDGFRb fusion in pediatric T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 2018 Feb;103(2):e87–91.
- Merzianu M, et al. Trends in bone marrow sampling and core biopsy specimen adequacy in the United States and Canada: a multicenter study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2018 Oct 1;150(5):393–405.
- Elkeeb D, et al. Ominous cutaneous presentation of acute myeloid leukemia without peripheral blood involvement upon initial presentation and relapse: case report and literature review. Eur J Dermatol. 2018 Dec 1;28(6): 809–17.
- Tharkar-Promod S, et al. HDAC1,2 inhibition and doxorubicin impair Mre11-dependent DNA repair and DISC to override BCR-ABL1-driven DSB repair in Philadelphia chromosome-positive B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 2018 Jan;32(1):49–60.