Skip to main content
Rodney R. Miles, MD, PhD
Section Chief: Hematopathology
Medical Director: Hematologic Flow Cytometry, Immunohistochemistry Laboratory
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Pediatric hematologic malignancies
- Master’s Degree—University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Doctorate Degree—Cell Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Residency—Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, University of Michigan
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology)
- Biological subtypes of adult and pediatric non-Hodgkin lymphomas
- 2015 Warren G. Sanger Award for Translational Lymphoma Research, 5th International Symposium on Childhood, Adolescent, and Young Adult Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Varese, Italy.
- Ririe MR, et al. Secondary Diffuse Large B-cell lymphoma after chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia: looking for the unexpected diagnosis. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014 Jul;36(7): e125–8.
- Yan D, et al. Nuclear-cytoplasmic transport is a therapeutic target in myelofibrosis. Clin Cancer Res. 25(7):2323–35.
- Pearson ADJ, et al. ACCELERATE and European medicine agency paediatric strategy forum for medicinal product development for mature b-cell malignancies in children. Euro J Cancer. 2019 Mar;110:74–85.
- Patel AB, Miles RR, Deininger MW. Lysozyme nephropathy in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Clin Case Rep. 2019 May 10;7(6):1263–4.
- Jafek JL, et al. Transcription factor Oct1 protects against hematopoietic stress and promotes acute myeloid leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2019 Aug;76:38–48.
- Galardy PJ, et al. Lymphoma diagnostics: getting more from less. Jun;185(6):1136–41.
- Chu Y, et al. Ibrutinib significantly inhibited Bruton’s thyrosine kinase (BTK) phosphorylation, in-vitro proliferation and enhanced overall survival in a preclinical Burkitt lymphoma (BL) model. 2018 Oct 11;8(1):e1512455.
- Chisholm KM, et al. IRF4 translocation status in pediatric follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients enrolled in Children’s Oncology Group trials. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2019 Aug;66(8):
- Borga C, et al. Simultaneous B and T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias in zebrafish driven by transgenic MYC: implications for oncogenesis and lymphopoiesis. 2019 Feb;33(2):333–7.
- Zabriskie MS, et al. A novel AGGF1-PDGFRb fusion in pediatric T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 2018 Feb;103(2):e87–91.
- Merzianu M, et al. Trends in bone marrow sampling and core biopsy specimen adequacy in the United States and Canada: a multicenter study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2018 Oct 1;150(5):393–405.
- Elkeeb D, et al. Ominous cutaneous presentation of acute myeloid leukemia without peripheral blood involvement upon initial presentation and relapse: case report and literature review. Eur J Dermatol. 2018 Dec 1;28(6): 809–17.
- Bouska A, et al. Adult high-grade B-cell lymphoma with Burkitt lymphoma signature: genomic features and potential therapeutic targets. Blood. 2017 Oct 19;130(16):1819–31.
- Wallace JA, et al. miR-155 promotes FLT3-ITD-induced myeloproliferative disease through inhibition of the interferon response. Blood. 2017 Jun 8;129(23):3074–86.
- Tharkar-Promod S, et al. HDAC1,2 inhibition and doxorubicin impair Mre11-dependent DNA repair and DISC to override BCR-ABL1-driven DSB repair in Philadelphia chromosome-positive B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 2018 Jan;32(1):49–60.
- Lee S, et al. Comparative genomic expression signatures of signal transduction pathways and targets in paediatric Burkitt lymphoma (PEBL): a Children's Oncology Group (COG) report. Br J Haemato. 2017 May;177(4):601–11.
- Lee S, et al. The effects of DLEU1 gene expression in Burkitt lymphoma (BL): potential mechanism of chemoimmunotherapy resistance in BL. Oncotarget. 2017 Apr 25;8(17):27839–53.
- Patel S, et al. Genomic analysis of adult B-ALL identifies potential markers of shorter survival. Leuk Res. 2017 May;56:44–51.
- Meyer JA, et al. Genomic characterization of pediatric B-lymphoblastic lymphoma and B-lymphoblastic leukemia using formalin-fixed tissues. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017 Jul;64(7).
- Modzelewska K, et al. MEK inhibitors reverse growth of embryonal brain tumors derived from oligoneural precursor cells. Cell Rep. 2016 Oct;17(5):1255–64.
- Luo C, et al. Association of rituximab with graphene oxide confers direct cytotoxicity for CD20-positive lymphoma cells. 2016 Mar 15;7(11):12806–22.
- Meznarich J, et al. Pediatric B-Cell lymphoma with lymphoblastic morphology, TdT expression, MYC rearrangement, and features overlapping with Burkitt lymphoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2016 May;63(5):938–40.
- Liew M, et al. Validation of break-apart and fusion MYC probes using a digital fluorescence in situ hybridization capture and imaging system. J Pathol Inform. 2016 May 4;7:20.
- Li KD, et al. Clinicopathologic Evaluation of MYC Expression in Primary Mediastinal (Thymic) Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Apr;143(4):598–604.
- Shi DS, et al. Proteasome function is required for platelet production. J Clin Invest. 2014 Sep;124(9):3757–66.
- Ririe MR, et al. Secondary diffuse large B-cell lymphoma after chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia: looking for the unexpected diagnosis. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014 Jul;36(7):e125–8.