Anna P. Matynia, MD
Section Chief: Molecular Genetics and Genomics
Medical Director: Molecular Oncology
Assistant Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Molecular genetics and diagnostics
- Next generation sequencing
- Medical Degree—Jagiellonian University
- Residency—Hematopathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Molecular Genetic Pathology, University Of Utah School of Medicine
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology, Molecular Genetic Pathology)
- Molecular diagnostics of hematolymphoid and solid tumor malignancies
- Best Resident Poster Award, Competition Finalist, American Society for Clinical Pathology, 2012
- Socrates/Erasmus Program Scholarship, Universita Campus Bio-Medico di Roma
- Academic Excellence Scholarship, Jagiellonian University
- Szankasi P, et al. Comprehensive detection of chromosomal translocations in lymphoproliferative disorders by massively parallel sequencing.Journal of Hematopathology. 2019 Sep;12(3):121–33.
- Matynia AP, et al. Molecular fingerprinting of anatomically and temporally distinct B-cell lymphoma samples by next generation sequencing to establish clonal relatedness.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Jan;143(1):105–11.
- Matynia AP, Perkins SL, Li D. Lymphomatoid granulomatosis in a 14-year-old boy with trisomy 21 and history of B-lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma.Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2018 Feb;37(1):7–14.
- Li KD, Xu X,Matynia AP. Systemic mastocytosis with associated clonal hematologic non-mast cell lineage disease (SM-AHNMD) involving chronic myelogenous leukemia with complex cytogenetics: a case report and literature review. Hematopathology. 2016;1(1), 61–8.
- Schumacher JA, et al. A novel approach to quantitating leukemia fusion transcripts by qRT-PCR without the need for standard curves.Exp Mol Pathol. 2015 Aug;99(1):104–8.
- Matynia AP, et al. Impact of rapid on-site evaluation on the adequacy of endoscopic-ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration of solid pancreatic lesions: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014 Apr;29(4):697–705.