Lesley C. Lomo, MD
Subspecialties: Gynecologic pathology, breast pathology, and cytopathology
Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Gynecologic pathology
- Breast pathology
- Master’s Degree—Basic Medical Sciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Medical Degree—Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship—Women’s and Perinatal Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship—Breast Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship—Cytopathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology)
- Medical Education Scholars Program, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
- CAP Advanced Practical Pathology Program in Multidisciplinary Breast Pathology, 2015
- CAP Advanced Practical Pathology Program in Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration, 2018
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Society of Cytopathology
- College of American Pathologists
- International Society of Gynecological Pathologists
- American Medical Association
- Pathology resident, fellow and medical student education, including curricular development, assessment, and novel educational techniques
- Precursors of neoplastic endometrial pathology
- Non-neoplastic endometrial pathology, including endometrial metaplasias and nonmalignant histopathologic etiologies of abnormal uterine bleeding and infertility
- Biomarkers of malignancy risk in preneoplastic epithelial breast disease
- Impact of preanalytic factors and improvements in cytology specimen procurement and preparation for optimal ancillary testing
- Quality and patient safety initiatives in anatomic pathology and pathology resident education
- Outstanding Teaching Award in Anatomic Pathology, University of Utah Department of Pathology, 2020
- Faculty Teaching Award, University of New Mexico Department of Pathology, 2009
- Garg D, et al. Looking beyond the ovary for oncofertility care in women: uterine injury as a potential target for fertility-preserving treatments. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2020;37(6):1467–76.
- Blair CK, et al. Obesity and survival among a cohort of breast cancer patients is partially mediated by tumor characteristics. NPJ Breast Cancer. 2019;5:33.
- Brocato TA, et al. Predicting breast cancer response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy based on tumor vascular features in needle biopsies. JCI Insight. 2019;5(8):e126518.
- Hill DA, et al. Breast cancer survival, survival disparities, and guideline-based treatment. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018;170(2):405–14.
- Hill DA, et al. Estrogen receptor quantitative measures and breast cancer survival. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017;166(3):855–64.
- Ferrara F, et al. Targeted molecular-genetic imaging and ligand-directed therapy in aggressive variant prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2016;113(45):12786–91.
- Dobroff AS, et al. Towards a transcriptome-based theranostic platform for unfavorable breast cancer phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2016;113(45):12780–5.
- Guo Y, et al. A novel pharmacologic activity of ketorolac for therapeutic benefit in ovarian cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21(22):5064–72.