Peter Jensen, MD
Chairman: Board of Directors, ARUP Presidential Endowed Chair
Professor and Chair, University of Utah
- Medical Degree—Vanderbilt University
- Internship—Pathology, Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Residency—Pathology, Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- American Board of Pathology
- President Elect, President, Past-President, Association of Pathology Chairs
- SOM EC Planning Committee
- Chairman, Board of Directors, ARUP Laboratories
- AAI Committee on Public Affairs
- Huntsman Cancer Institute Cabinet Committee
- Healthcare transformation
- Precision diagnostics
- Application of new technology in pathology and laboratory medicine
- Antigen processing and presentation
- MHC molecules in regulating immune responses
- Type 1 diabetes/autoimmunity
- Cancer immunotherapy
- Summa Cum Laude, 1977
- Elected to American Society for Clinical Investigation, 1996
- Deans Clinical Investigator Award, 2000, 2002
- NIH MERIT Award, 2001
- CAP President’s Honors Award, 2011
- Chen L., et al. Expression of the mouse MHC class Ib H2-T11 gene product, a paralog of H2-T23 (Qa-1) with shared peptide-binding specificity. J. Immunol. 214 Aug 1;193(3):1427–39.
- Chen X, Jensen PE. Biological function of HLA-DO (H2-O). Crit. Rev. Immunol. 2014;34(3):215–25.
- Kubinak JL, et al. MHC variation sculpts individualized microbial communities that control susceptibility to enteric infection. Nat Commun. 2015 Oct 23;6:8642.
- Zhou Z, et al. Type 1 diabetes associated HLA-DQ2 and DQ8 molecules are relatively resistant to HLA-DM mediated release of invariant chain-derived CLIP peptides. Eur J Immunol. 2016 Apr;46(4):834–45.
- Luo C, et al. Association of rituximab with graphene oxide confers direct cytotoxicity for CD20-positive lymphoma cells. Oncotarget. 2016 Mar 15;7(1):12806–22.
- Schmidt RL, Jensen PE. Reference pricing may have limited use but is not a blanket solution for laboratory testing. Ann Transl Med. 2016 Nov;4(21):429.
- Zhou Z, et al. Peptidomic analysis of type 1 diabetes associated HLA-DQ molecules and the impact of HLA-DM on peptide repertoire editing. Eur J Immunol. 2017 Feb;47(2):314–26.