Julio C. Delgado, MD, MS
Executive Vice President, ARUP Laboratories
Medical Director, Protein Immunology, Immunological Flow
Chief of the Clinical Pathology Division, University of Utah School of Medicine
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Clinical pathology
- Medical Degree—Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Master’s Degree—Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health
- Resident—Pathology, Harvard Medical School
- Chief Resident—Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Postdoctoral Training—Immunogenetics, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Postdoctoral Training—Immunology, CBR Institute for Biomedical Research
- American Board of Histocompatibility
- American Board of Pathology
- Diagnostic immunology
- Immunogenicity to monoclonal antibody therapeutics
- Nelson HA, et al. An interference in a automatedHCO3- assay leads to an unexpected IgG monoclonal gammopathy diagnosis. J Appl Lab Med. 2021 [Published online ahead of print Nov 2021.
- Nandakumar V, et al. Evaluation of a novel multiplex platform for simultaneous detection of IgG antibodies against the four main SARS-CoV-2 antigens. J Appl Lab Med. 2021 [Published online ahead of print Nov 2021]
- Samore MH, et al. Probability-based estimates of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 seroprevalence and detection fraction, Utah, USA. Emerg Infect Dis. 2021;27(11):2786–94.
- Nandakumar V, et al. Evaluation of a surrogate enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay-based severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) cPass neutralization antibody detection assay and correlation with immunoglobulin G commercial serology assays. Arch Path Med. 2021;145(10):1212–20.
- Profaizer T, et al. Comparison of next-generation sequencing-based human leukocyte antigen typing with clinical flow cytometry and allele-specific PCR melting assays for HLA-B27 genotyping. J Appl Lab Med. 2021;6(5):1221–27.
- Rychert J, et al. Evaluation of 3 SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody assays and correlation with neutralizing antibodies. J Appl Lab Med. 2021:6(3):614–24.
- Zheng Y, et al. Neutralization assay with SARS-CoV-1 and SARS-CoV-2 spike pseudotyped murine leukemia virions. Virol J. 2021;18(1):1.
- Greene DN, et al. Decreasing median age of COVID-19 cases in the United States-changing epidemiology or changing surveillance? PloS One. 2020;15(10):e0240783.
- Profaizer T, et al. Clinical utility of next generation sequencing based HLA typing for disease association and pharmacogenetic testing. Hum Immunol. 2020;81(7):354–60.
- Rychert J, et al. Modification of in vitro diagnostic devices: leveling the playing field. Clin Chem. 2020;66(6):760–62.
- Jacobs JFM, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part II: limit of detection and follow-up of patients with small M-proteins. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2020;58(4):547–59.
- Turner KA, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part I: factors impacting limit of quantitation of serum protein electrophoresis. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2020;58(4):533–46.
- Pavlov IY, et al. Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry assay for quantification of free infliximab in serum. J Immunol Methods. 2019;470:33–9.
- Ravkov EV, et al. Evaluation of mass cytometry in the clinical laboratory. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2019;96(4):266–74.
- Lázár-Molnár E, et al. Implications of monoclonal antibody therapeutics use for clinical laboratory testing. Clin Chem. 2019;65(3):393–405.
- Willrich MAV, et al. Comparison of clinical laboratory assays for measuring serum infliximab and antibodies to infliximab. J Appl Lab Med. 2018;2(6):893–903.
- Genzen JR, et al. Screening and diagnosis of monoclonal gammopathies: an international survey of laboratory practice. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2018;142(4):507–15.
- Thoren KL, et al. Quantitation of infliximab and detection of antidrug antibodies in serum by use of surface plasmon resonance. J Appl Lab Med. 2018;2(5):725–36.
- Profaizer T, et al. HLA genotyping using the Illumina HLA TruSight next-generation sequencing kits: a comparison. Int J Immunogenet. 2017;44(4):164–8.
- Chiaro TR, et al. A member of the gut mycobiota modulates host purine metabolism exacerbating colitis in mice. Sci Transl Med. 2017;9(380):eaaf9044.
- Zhou, Z., et al. Peptidomic analysis of type 1 diabetes associated HLA-DQ molecules and the impact of HLA-DM on peptide repertoire editing. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47(2):314–26.