Skip to main content
Julio C. Delgado, MD, MS
Executive Vice President, ARUP Laboratories
Professor and Vice Chairman, University of Utah Department of Pathology
- Clinical pathology
- Medical Degree—Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Master’s Degree—Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health
- Resident—Pathology, Harvard Medical School
- Chief Resident—Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Postdoctoral Training—Immunogenetics, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Postdoctoral Training—Immunology, CBR Institute for Biomedical Research
- American Board of Histocompatibility
- American Board of Pathology
- Diagnostic immunology
- Immunogenicity to monoclonal antibody therapeutics
- Nelson HA, et al. An interference in a automatedHCO3- assay leads to an unexpected IgG monoclonal gammopathy diagnosis. J Appl Lab Med. 2021 [Published online ahead of print Nov 2021.
- Nandakumar V, et al. Evaluation of a novel multiplex platform for simultaneous detection of IgG antibodies against the four main SARS-CoV-2 antigens. J Appl Lab Med. 2021 [Published online ahead of print Nov 2021]
- Samore MH, et al. Probability-based estimates of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 seroprevalence and detection fraction, Utah, USA. Emerg Infect Dis. 2021;27(11):2786–94.
- Nandakumar V, et al. Evaluation of a surrogate enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay-based severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) cPass neutralization antibody detection assay and correlation with immunoglobulin G commercial serology assays. Arch Path Med. 2021;145(10):1212–20.
- Profaizer T, et al. Comparison of next-generation sequencing-based human leukocyte antigen typing with clinical flow cytometry and allele-specific PCR melting assays for HLA-B27 genotyping. J Appl Lab Med. 2021;6(5):1221–27.
- Rychert J, et al. Evaluation of 3 SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody assays and correlation with neutralizing antibodies. J Appl Lab Med. 2021:6(3):614–24.
- Zheng Y, et al. Neutralization assay with SARS-CoV-1 and SARS-CoV-2 spike pseudotyped murine leukemia virions. Virol J. 2021;18(1):1.
- Greene DN, et al. Decreasing median age of COVID-19 cases in the United States-changing epidemiology or changing surveillance? PloS One. 2020;15(10):e0240783.
- Profaizer T, et al. Clinical utility of next generation sequencing based HLA typing for disease association and pharmacogenetic testing. Hum Immunol. 2020;81(7):354–60.
- Rychert J, et al. Modification of in vitro diagnostic devices: leveling the playing field. Clin Chem. 2020;66(6):760–62.
- Jacobs JFM, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part II: limit of detection and follow-up of patients with small M-proteins. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2020;58(4):547–59.
- Turner KA, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part I: factors impacting limit of quantitation of serum protein electrophoresis. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2020;58(4):533–46.
- Pavlov IY, et al. Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry assay for quantification of free infliximab in serum. J Immunol Methods. 2019;470:33–9.
- Ravkov EV, et al. Evaluation of mass cytometry in the clinical laboratory. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2019;96(4):266–74.
- Lázár-Molnár E, et al. Implications of monoclonal antibody therapeutics use for clinical laboratory testing. Clin Chem. 2019;65(3):393–405.
- Willrich MAV, et al. Comparison of clinical laboratory assays for measuring serum infliximab and antibodies to infliximab. J Appl Lab Med. 2018;2(6):893–903.
- Genzen JR, et al. Screening and diagnosis of monoclonal gammopathies: an international survey of laboratory practice. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2018;142(4):507–15.
- Thoren KL, et al. Quantitation of infliximab and detection of antidrug antibodies in serum by use of surface plasmon resonance. J Appl Lab Med. 2018;2(5):725–36.
- Profaizer T, et al. HLA genotyping using the Illumina HLA TruSight next-generation sequencing kits: a comparison. Int J Immunogenet. 2017;44(4):164–8.
- Chiaro TR, et al. A member of the gut mycobiota modulates host purine metabolism exacerbating colitis in mice. Sci Transl Med. 2017;9(380):eaaf9044.
- Zhou, Z., et al. Peptidomic analysis of type 1 diabetes associated HLA-DQ molecules and the impact of HLA-DM on peptide repertoire editing. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47(2):314–26.