Julio C. Delgado, MD, MS
Chief Medical Officer/Director of Laboratories
Professor of Pathology, University of Utah
Clinical Pathology, Immunology, Histocompatibility
- Master’s Degree—Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health
- Medical Degree—Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Resident—Pathology, Harvard Medical School
- Chief Resident—Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship—Immunogenetics, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Postdoctoral Training—Immunology, CBR Institute for Biomedical Research
- American Board of Histocompatibility
- American Board of Pathology
- Immunogenecity to monoclonal antibody therapeutics
- Transplantation immunology
- Pavlov IY, et al. Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry assay for quantification of free infliximab in serum. J Immunol Methods. 2019 Jul;470:33–9.
- Ravkov EV, et al. Evaluation of Mass Cytometry in the Clinical Laboratory. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2019 Jul;96(4):266–74.
- Lázár-Molnár E, Delgado JC. Implications of Monoclonal Antibody Therapeutics Use for Clinical Laboratory Testing. Clin Chem. 2019 Mar;65(3): 393–405.
- Genzen JR, et al. Screening and Diagnosis of Monoclonal Gammopathies: An International Survey of Laboratory Practice. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2018 Apr;142(4): 507–15.
- Profaizer T, et al. HLA genotyping using the Illumina HLA TruSight next-generation sequencing kits: A comparison. Int J Immunogenet. 2017 Aug;44(4): 164–8.
- Chiaro TR, et al. A member of the gut mycobiota modulates host purine metabolism exacerbating colitis in mice. Sci Transl Med. 2017 Mar 8;9(380).
- Zhou Z, et al. Peptidomic analysis of type 1 diabetes associated HLA-DQ molecules and the impact of HLA-DM on peptide repertoire editing. Eur J Immunol. 2017 Feb;47(2):314–26.
- Lázár-Molnár E, Delgado JC. Immunogenicity Assessment of Tumor Necrosis Factor Antagonists in the Clinical Laboratory. Clin Chem. 2016 Sep;62(9):1186–98.
- Ko BS, et al. Immunologic effects of continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices before and after heart transplant. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Aug;35(8):102430.
- Profaizer T, et al. HLA genotyping in the clinical laboratory: comparison of next-generation sequencing methods. HLA. 2016 Jul;88(1–2):14–24.
- Zhou Z, et al. Type 1 diabetes associated HLA-DQ2 and DQ8 molecules are relatively resistant to HLA-DM mediated release of invariant chain-derived CLIP peptides. Eur J Immunol/ 2016 Apr;46(4):834–45.
- Ware AL, et al. The use of circulating donor specific antibody to predict biopsy diagnosis of antibody-mediated rejection and to provide prognostic value after heart transplantation in children. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Feb;35(2):179–85.
- Pavlov IY, et al. Clinical laboratory application of a reporter-gene assay for measurement of functional activity and neutralizing antibody response to infliximab. Clin Chim Acta. 2016 Jan 30;453:147–53.
- Profaizer T, et al. Report on the effects of fragment size, indexing, and read length on HLA sequencing on the Illumina MiSeq. Hum Immunol. 2015 Dec;76(12): 897–902.
- Acevedo-Saenz L., et al. The APPEESFRS Peptide, Restricted by the HLA-B*35:01 Molecule, and the APPEESFRF Variant Derived from an Autologous HIV-1 Strain Induces Polyfunctional Responses in CD8+ T Cells. Biores Open Access. 2015 Jan 1;4(1):115–20.