Barbara Chadwick, MD
Head/Neck, Thoracic, and Cytopathology
Associate Professor, University of Utah
- Head and neck thoracic
- Medical Degree—Loma Linda University
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Pathology , Loma Linda University
- Fellowship—Cytopathology, University of Washington
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology)
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Use of molecular markers in cytopathology, pancreatic and biliary cancer, and cervical cancer screening
- Joe T. Holden Award for Faculty Excellence
- Papanicolaou Society Pathologist-In-Training Research Award
- Malik N, et al. Molecular Profile and Clinical Outcomes in Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Patients Presenting With Bone Metastasis. Endocr Pract. 2019 Aug 14.
- Lloyd IE, et al. Characterization of PD-L1 immunohistochemical expression in cell blocks with different specimen fixation and processing methods. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2019 Feb;27(2):107–13.
- Witt BL, et al. Evaluation of the SharkCore®needle for EUS-guided core biopsy of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Endosc Ultrasound. 2018 Sep-Oct;7(5):323–8.
- Witt BL, et al. Cytomorphology is often insufficient to categorize non-small-cell lung carcinoma on FNA specimens. Diagn Cytopathol. 2016 Feb;44(2):73–9.
- Layfield LJ, et al. Interobserver reproducibility and agreement with original diagnosis in the categories "atypical" and "suspicious for malignancy" for bile and pancreatic duct brushings. Diagn Cytopathol. 2015 Oct;43(10):797–801.
- Factor RE, et al. Axillary lymph node FNA in women with breast cancer is a highly accurate procedure, so why are core biopsies being done? Diagn Cytopathol. 2015 Jun;43(6):510–2.
- Chadwick BE, et al. Significance of atypia in pancreatic and bile duct brushings: follow-up analysis of the categories atypical and suspicious for malignancy. Diagn Cytopathol. 2014 Apr;42(4):285–91.