Marc Barry, MD
Subspecialty Director: Genitourinary Pathology
Subspecialties: Genitourinary and medical renal pathology
Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Renal pathology
- Medical Degree—University College Dublin
- Residency—Anatomic Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Research Fellowship—Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Fellowship—Medical Renal Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship—Urologic Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- American Board of Pathology
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- Clinicopathologic questions in medical renal and urologic pathology
- Epidemiologic and translational aspects of urologic neoplasia
- Registrar’s Prize for Research from the Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland, 2000
- Research Scholarship Award from the College of American Pathology Foundation, 2004
- Prize from the journal “Urology” for the best paper in 2007 by a resident or fellow, 2008
- Formally recognized for “Excellence in Urologic Resident Education” by the Division of Urology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, 2014
- Berggren KL, et al. MAPKAPK2 (MK2) inhibition mediates radiation-induced inflammatory cytokine production and tumor growth in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oncogene. 2019 Nov;38(48):7329–41.
- Nash SH, et al. Cancer survival among Alaska Native people. Cancer. 2018 Jun 15;124(12):2570–7.
- Hill DA, et al. Breast cancer survival, survival disparities, and guideline-based treatment. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018 Jul;170(2):40–14.
- Hill DA, et al. Estrogen receptor quantitative measures and breast cancer survival. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017 Dec;166(3): 855–64.
- Teixeira AA, et al. Going viral? Linking the etiology of human prostate cancer to the PCA3 long noncoding RNA and oncogenic viruses. EMBO Mol Med. 2017 Oct 9(10):1327–30.
- Ferrara F, et al. Targeted molecular-genetic imaging and ligand-directed therapy in aggressive variant prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Nov 8;113(45):12786–91.
- Dobroff AS, et al. Towards a transcriptome-based theranostic platform for unfavorable breast cancer phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Nov 8;113(45):12780–5.
- Vigil D, et al. BK nephropathy in the native kidneys of patients with organ transplants: clinical spectrum of BK infection. World J Transplant, 2016 Sept 24;6(3):472–504.
- Reynolds S, et al. A case of primary mammary analog secretory carcinoma (MASC) of the thyroid masquerading as papillary thyroid carcinoma: potentially more than a one off. Head Neck Pathol. 2016 Sept;10(3):405–13.
- Hoffman RM, et al. Trends in United States prostate cancer incidence rates by age and stage, 1995–2012. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016 Feb;25(2):259–63.