Archana Mishra Agarwal, MD
Medical Director, Hematopathology and Special Hematology
Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- RBC membrane and enzyme disorders
- Molecular hematology
- Medical Degree—Assam Medical College, India
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Molecular Genetic Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, Hematology, Molecular Genetic Pathology)
- Red cell enzymopathies
- Molecular hematopathology
- Gorfinkel L, et al. Transient neonatal hemolytic anemia due to the novel gamma globin gene mutation HBG2:C.290T>C, p.Leu97Pro (hemoglobin Wareham). Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2023;70(1):e30067.
- Lin Y, et al. Characterization of structural hemoglobin variants by top-down mass spectrometry and R programming tools for rapid identification. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2022;33(1):123–130.
- Montgomery HD, et al. A case of azathioprine-induced aplastic anemia. Int J Lab Hematol. 2022;44(6):1015–16.
- Agarwal AM, et al. Laboratory approach to investigation of anemia in pregnancy. Int J Lab Hematol. 2021;43 Suppl 1:65–70.
- Lozano-Chinga M, et al. Bone marrow necrosis in pediatric malignancies: 10-year retrospective review and review of literature. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2021;68(3):e28806.
- Cowman SJ, et al. Correction: Macrophage HIF-1α is an independent prognostic indicator in kidney cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2021 Jun 1;27(11):3265.
- Pond GR, et al. Clinical outcomes of platinum-ineligible patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma treated with first-line PD1/L1 inhibitors. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2021;19(5):425–33.
- Bahr TM, et al. Thirty-five males with severe (class 1) G6PD deficiency (c.637G>T) in a North American family of European ancestry. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2021;92:102625.
- Bahr TM, et al. Does heterozygosity for UGT1A1 *28 convey increased risk for severe neonatal jaundice? J Perinatol. 2021;41(4):658–60.
- Iglesias Cardenas F, et al. Two clonally distinct B-cell lymphomas reveal the diagnosis of XLP1 in a male child and his asymptomatic male relatives: case report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2021;43(8):e1210–e1213.
- Maglic D, et al. A case report of misdiagnosed breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma with lymphatic extension. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2021;9(11):e3916.
- Kim SJ, et al. Novel mechanism of hereditary pyropoikilocytosis phenotype due to co-inheritance of β globin and α spectrin mutations. Am J Hematol. 2021;96(5):E150–E154.
- Bahr TM, et al. Infantile pyknocytosis: end-tidal CO, %micro-R measurements, next-generation sequencing, and transfusion avoidance with darbepoetin. Biomed Hub. 2020;5(3):227–34.
- Meznarich JA, et al. Novel, de novo, beta-globin variant with decreased oxygen affinity (HBB:c.317T>A, "hemoglobin St. George") in a healthy child with low oxygen saturations and anemia. Am J Hematol. 2021;96(12):E448–E450.
- Bahr TM, et al. A novel variant in G6PD (c.1375C>G) identified from a Hispanic neonate with extreme hyperbilirubinemia and low G6PD enzymatic activity. Neonatology. 2020;117(4):532–5.
- Bahr TM, et al. Dizygotic twins with prolonged jaundice and microcytic, hypochromic, hemolytic anemia with pyropoikilocytosis. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2020;85:102462.
- Samha L, et al. Molecular understanding of severe cases of β-thalassemia in the Nablus region, West Bank, Palestine. Hemoglobin. 2020;44(2):128–30.
- Rets AV, et al. δ-globin chain variants associated with decreased Hb A2 levels: a national reference laboratory experience. Hemoglobin. 2020;44(6):438–41.
- Agarwal AM, et al. Laboratory approach to investigation of anemia with a focus on pyruvate kinase deficiency. Int J Lab Hematol. 2020;42 Suppl 1:107–12.
- He L, et al. Top-down proteomics—a near-future technique for clinical diagnosis? Ann Transl Med. 2020;8(4):136.
- Cowman SJ, et al. Macrophage HIF-1α is an independent prognostic indicator in kidney cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2020;26(18):4970–82.
- Stenehjem DD, et al. Predictive genomic markers of response to VEGF targeted therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. PLoS One. 2019;14(1):e0210415.
- Patel AB, et al. JAK2 ex13InDel drives oncogenic transformation and is associated with chronic eosinophilic leukemia and polycythemia vera. Blood. 2019;134(26):2388–98.
- Agarwal A, et al. A new subtyping model for residual invasive disease after cisplatin-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy for muscle invasive bladder cancer. Transl Androl Urol. 2019;8(Suppl 3):S254–S256.
- He L, et al. Diagnosis of hemoglobinopathy and β-thalassemia by 21 tesla fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance MS and MS/MS of hemoglobin from blood. Clin Chem. 2019;65(8):986–94. Epub.
- Rets A, et al. Molecular diagnostic update in hereditary hemolytic anemia and neonatal hyperbilirubinemia. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019.; 41(Suppl 1):95–101.
- Bahr TM, et al. The Neonatal Acute Bilirubin Encephalopathy Registry (NABER): background, aims, and protocol. Neonatology. 2019;115(3):242–6.
- Archana M Agarwal. Ankyrin mutations in hereditary spherocytosis. Commentary. Acta Haematologica. 2019;141(2):63–4.
- Polega J, et al. Novel mutation in spta1 gene associated with severe hemolytic anemia. J Pediatr Neonatal Care. 2018;8(5):250–3.
- Bianchi P, et al. addressing the diagnostic gaps in pyruvate kinase (pk) deficiency: consensus recommendation on the diagnosis of PK deficiency. Am J Hematol. 2019;94(1):149–61.
- Christensen RD, et al. Acute neonatal bilirubin encephalopathy in the State of Utah 2009-2018. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2018;72:10–3.
- Christensen RD, et al. Three novel spectrin variants in jaundiced neonates. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2018;57(1):19–26
- Bailey EB, et al. Effect of treatment dose reductions in the setting of hand-foot syndrome on survival outcomes in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitors. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2018;24(3):190–7.