Kajsa Affolter, MD
Subspecialty Director: Pancreaticobiliary Pathology
Subspecialties: Gastrointestinal, pancreatic, and hepatic pathology
Associate Professor (Clinical), University of Utah School of Medicine
- Hepatic pathology
- Medical Degree—Kansas University School of Medicine
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—Gastrointestinal Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- American Board of Pathology
- Pancreatic neoplasia
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastrointestinal polyposis syndromes
- Kinsey CG, et al. Protective autophagy elicited by RAF→MEK→ERK inhibition suggests a treatment strategy for RAS-driven cancers. Nat Med. 2019;25(4):620–7.
- Kanth P, Affolter K. Worming your way through the gastrointestinal tract: a case of strongyloidiasis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;16(7):A33.
- Delker DA, et al. Chemoprevention with cyclooxygenase and epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in familial adenomatous polyposis patients: mRNA signatures of duodenal neoplasia. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2018;11(1):4–15.
- Johnson J, et al. CMV disease in IBD: comparison of diagnostic tests and correlation with disease outcome. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2018;24(7):1539–46.
- Bice BD, et al. Environmental enrichment induces pericyte and IgA-dependent wound repair and lifespan extension in a colon tumor model. Cell Rep. 2017;19(4):760–73.
- Affolter K, et al. Doxycycline-induced gastrointestinal injury. Hum Pathol. 2017;66:212–5.
- Affolter K, et al. Feasibility of large-scale identification of sessile serrated polyp patients using electronic records: a Utah study. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62(6):1455–63.
- Caliskan A, et al. Intramucosal lipomas of the colon implicate Cowden syndrome. Mod Pathol. 2018;31(4):643–51.
- El Jabbour T, et al. PD-L1 protein expression in tumour cells and immune cells in mismatch repair protein-deficient and -proficient colorectal cancer: the foundation study using the SP142 antibody and whole section immunohistochemistry. J Clin Pathol. 2018;71(1):46–51.