Skip to main content
Deepika Sirohi, MD
Medical Director: Molecular Oncology and Anatomic Pathology
Assistant Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Genitourinary pathology
- Molecular oncology
- Medical Degree—Armed Forces Medical College
- Residency—Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Fellowship—Genitourinary Pathology, Cedar-Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship—Molecular Genetic Pathology, University of California
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Molecular Genetic Pathology)
- Genomic alteration in urologic malignancies
- Viral oncogenesis
- Application of next generation sequencing to solid tumors
- First Place, Oral Presentation Competition, Annual Resident & Fellow Symposium, Los Angeles Society of Pathologists
- Sirohi D, et al. Amyloidosis of the bladder and association with urothelial carcinoma: report of 29 cases. Hum Pathol. 2019 Aug 16;93:48–53.
- Lin L, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists 2018 focused update of breast cancer HER2 FISH testing guidelines: results from a national reference laboratory. Am J Clin Pathol. 2019 Sep 9;152(4):479–85.
- Sirohi D, et al. TP53 structural variants in metastatic prostatic carcinoma. PLoS One. 2019 Jun 19;14(6):e0218618
- Sirohi D, et al. Polyoma virus-associated carcinomas of the urologic tract: a clinicopathologic and molecular study.Mod Pathol. 2018 Sep;31(9):1429–41.
- Ohe C, et al. (2018).Reappraisal of morphologic differences between renal medullary carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma, and fumarate hydratase–deficient renal cell carcinoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 2018 Mar;42(3):279–92
- Li P, et al. Genes involved in prostate cancer progression determine MRI visibility.Theranostics. 2018 Feb 12;8(7):1752–65.
- Patel DN, et al. Use of cylindrical coordinates to localize prostate cancers on MRI and prostatectomy pathology.Urol Oncol. 2017 Dec;35(12):673.e15–20.
- Sirohi D, et al. Renal cell carcinoma, unclassified with medullary phenotype: poorly differentiated adenocarcinomas overlapping with renal medullary carcinoma.Hum Pathol. 2017 Sep;67:134–45.
- Smith SC,Sirohi D, Ohe C, McHugh JB, Hornick JL, Kalariya J, Karia S, Snape K, Hodgson SV, Cani AK, Hovelson D, Luthringer DJ, Martignoni G, Chen YB, Tomlins SA, Mehra R, Amin MB (2017). A distinctive, low-grade oncocytic fumarate hydratase-deficient renal cell carcinoma, morphologically reminiscent of succinate dehydrogenase-deficient renal cell carcinoma. Histopathology. 2017 Jul;71(1):42–52.
- Sirohi D, et al. Pericytic tumors of the kidney-a clinicopathologic analysis of 17 cases. Hum Pathol. 2017 Jun;64:106–17.
- Smith SC, et al. Tubulocystic carcinoma of the kidney with poorly differentiated foci: a frequent morphologic pattern of fumarate hydratase-deficient renal cell carcinoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 2016 Nov;40(11):1457–72.
- Kuroda N, et al. Review of renal anastomosing hemangioma with focus on clinical and pathological aspects.Pol J Pathol. 2016 Jun;67(2):97–101.
- Wang H, et al. Comparison of cytologic findings of BRAF wild type and BRAF mutated papillary thyroid carcinoma in conventional smears.J Am Soc Cytopathol. 6(5):S75.
- Murkey JA, et al. Hepatitis E virus-associated meningoencephalitis in a lung transplant recipient diagnosed by clinical metagenomic sequencing. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 Jun 13;4(3):ofx121.