Sherrie L. Perkins, MD, PhD
Chief Executive Officer
Professor of Pathology and Hematopathology, University of Utah
- Doctorate Degree—Biochemistry, University of Miami
- Medical Degree—Washington University in St. Louis
- Residency—Anatomic Pathology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Fellowship—Hematopathology, University of Utah
- American Board of Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- US and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- American Society for Hematology
- Society for Hematopathology
- International Society for Laboratory Hematology
- Children’s Oncology Group
- American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Hematologic malignancies
- Pediatric non-Hodgkins lymphomas
- Benign hematology
- CAP Outstanding Educator Award 2019
- Smock KJ, Perkins SL. Thrombocytopenia: an update. Int Jnl Lab Hem. 2014 Jun;36(3):269–78.
- Sangle N, et al. Myelofibrotic transformations of polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia are morphologically, biologically, and prognostically indistinguishable from primary myelofibrosis. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2014 Oct;22(9):663–8.
- Sangle NA, et al. Optimized immunohistochemical panel to differentiate myeloid sarcoma from blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm. Mod Pathol. 2014 Aug;27(8):1137–43.
- Alexander S, et al. Advanced stage anaplastic large cell lymphoma in children and adolescents: results of ANHL0131, a randomized phase III trial of APO versus a modified regimen with vinblastine: a report from the children’s oncology group. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2014 Dec;61(12):2236–42.
- Goldman S, et al. Rituximab with chemotherapy in children and adolescents with central nervous system and/or bone marrow-positive Burkitt lymphoma/leukaemia: a Children’s Oncology Group Report. Br J Haematol. 2014 Nov;167(3):394–401.
- Chen ZW, et al. Web-based oil immersion whole slide imaging increases efficiency and clinical team satisfaction in hematopathology tumor board. J Pathol Inform. 2014 Oct 21;5:41.
- Salama ME, et al. Neoplastic plasma cell aberrant antigen expression patterns and their association with genetic abnormalities. Leuk Lymphoma. 2015 Feb;56(2):426–33.
- Chen ZW, et al. A limited plasma cell flow cytometry panel with reflex CD138 immunohistochemistry is an optimal workflow process for evaluating plasma cell neoplasms in bone marrow specimens. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Jan;143(1):78–83.
- Li KD, et al. Clinicopathologic evaluation of MYC expression in primary mediastinal (thymic) large B-cell lymphoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Apr;143(4):598–604.
- Sandlund JT, et al. International pediatric non-hodgkin lymphoma response criteria. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Jun 20;33(18): 2106–11.
- Rosolen A, et al. revised international pediatric non-hodgkin lymphoma staging system. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Jun 20;33(18): 2112–8.
- Sandlund JT, Perkins SL. Uncommon non-Hodgkin lymphomas of childhood: pathological diagnosis, clinical features and treatment approaches. Br J Haematol. 169(5):631–46.
- Minard-Colin V, et al.. Non-hodgkin lymphoma in children and adolescents: progress through effective collaboration, current knowledge and challenges ahead. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Sep 20;33(27):2963–74.
- O’Suoji C, et al. Rare pediatric non-hodgkin lymphomas: a report from children’s oncology group study ANHL04B1. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2016 Jan 5;63(5):794–800.
- Nussenzveig RH, et al.. Increased frequency of co-existing JAK2 exon-12 or MPL exon-10 mutations in patients with low JAK2(V617F) allelic burden. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57(6):1429–35.
- Gomez-Gelvez JC, et al.. rognostic impact of tumor microenvironment in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma uniformly treated with R-CHOP chemotherapy. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Ar;145(4):512–23.
- Klinger M, Zheng J, Elenitoba-Johnson K, Perkins SL, Faham M, Bahler D. Next-generation IgVH sequencing CLL-like monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis reveals frequent oligoclonality and ongoing hypermutation. Leukemia. 2016 May;30(5):1055–61.
- Sever C, et al. Bone marrow synoptic reporting for hematologic neoplasms: guideline from the College of American Pathologists pathology and laboratory quality center. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2016 Sep;140(9):932–49.
- Burkhardt B, et al. Current status and future directions of T-lymphoblastic lymphoma in children and adolescents. Br J Haematol. 206 May;173(4):545–59.
- Lee S, et al.. Comparative genomic expression signatures of signal transduction pathways and targets in paediatric Burkitt lymphoma (PEBL): a children’s oncology group (COG) report. Br J Haematol. 2017 May;177(4):601–611.
- Meyer JA, et al. Genomic characterization of pediatric B lymphoblastic lymphoma and B lymphoblastic leukemia using formalin fixed tissues. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017 Jul;64(7).
- Lee S, et al.. The effects of DLEU1 gene expression in Burkitt lymphoma (BL): potential mechanism of chemoimmunotherapy resistance in BL. Oncotarget J. 2017 Apr 25;8(17):27839–53.
- Andersen EF, et al.. Genomic analysis of follicular dendritic cell sarcoma by molecular inversion probe array reveals tumor suppressor-driven biology. Mod Pathol. 30:1321-1334, 2017.
- Yandow SM, et al.. The influence of aspiration volume on the number of osteoblastic progenitors obtained from bone marrow in children. J Pediatr Orthop.2019 Aug;39(7):382–6.
- Paxton CN, et al.. Genomic alterations are rare in solitary juvenile xanthogranuloma and may correlate with staging in disseminated cases. Mod Pathol. 2017 Jul 28;30:1234–40.
- Matynia AP, Perkins SL, Li D. Lymphomatoid granulomatosis in a 14-year-old boy with trisomy 21 and history of B-lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2018 Feb; 37(1):7–14.
- Cairo M, et al.. Overall survival of children and adolescents with mature B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma who had refractory or relapsed disease during or after treatment with FAB/LMB 96: A report from the FAB/LMB 96 study group. Br J Haematol. 2018 Sep;182(6):859–69.
- Frazer JK, et al. Excellent outcomes in children and adolescents with CNS+ Burkitt lymphoma or other mature B-NHL using only intrathecal and systemic chemoimmunotherapy; results from FAB/LMB96 and COG ANHL01P1. Br J Haematol. 2019 Apr;185(2):374–7..
- Guan J, et al. Prognostic significance of the dynamic change of programmed death-ligand 1 expression in patients with multiple myeloma. Cureus. 2019 Apr 6;11(4):e4401.
- Chisholm KM, et al. IRF4 translocation status in pediatric follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients enrolled in children’s oncology group trials. Pediatr Blood Canc. 2019 Aug;66(8):e27770.