Robert C. Blaylock, MD
Medical Director: University Hospital Transfusion Services and ARUP Blood Services
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Clinical pathology
- Transfusion medicine
- Medical Degree—University of Utah School of Medicine
- Residency—University of Utah School of Medicine
- Fellowship—University of Utah School of Medicine
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Pathology (Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Pathology)
- Quality management
- Clinical Pathology Teaching Award, 1995, 1999, 2001, 2003
- UUHSC SCIU Performance Award, 1999
- Metcalf RA, et al. The association of inpatient blood utilization and diagnosis‐related group weight: implications for risk‐adjusted benchmarking. Transfusion. 2019 Jul; 59(7):2316–23.
- Metcalf RA, et al. Severe intravascular hemolysis following extracorporeal right ventricular assist device placement. 2019 Apr; 59(4):1178–9.
- Corean J, et al. Quality improvement after multiple fatal transfusion-transmitted bacterial infections. Am J Clin Pathol. 2018 Mar 7;149(4):293–9.