Ronald L. Weiss, MD, MBA
Associate Medical Director, Hematopathology and Hematologic Flow Cytometry
Dr. Weiss served as ARUP's chief medical officer and director of laboratories from 1993 until 2002, director of business development from 2002 until 2003, president and chief operating officer from 2003 until 2009, and executive vice president from 2009 until 2010. Dr. Weiss is a professor of pathology at the University of Utah and is board certified in anatomic/clinical pathology, microbiology, and hematology by the American Board of Pathology. Dr. Weiss is past chairman of the board of the American Clinical Laboratory Association and past president of the American Pathology Foundation. He is a fellow of the College of American Pathologists and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. Dr. Weiss received his MD from Creighton University and an MBA from the University of Utah, where he completed his residency training.
- Faculty Listing
- Advance for the Administrators of the Laboratory. "Scientific Innovation Propels Changes in Pathology." December 2008
- Deseret News. "A Simple Prick of the Finger Might Slow Health-Care Bleeding." January 27, 2008.
- Salt Lake Tribune. "Lessons from Landmark Legislation on Personalized Medicine." May 29, 2008.
- Medical Laboratory Observer. "Reference Labs: Who, What, Where, When and How?" January 2008.
- Executive Healthcare Management. "Diagnostic Testing." June 2007.
- "Competitive Bidding for Clinical Lab Services: Where It's Heading and What Small Business Can Expect." Testimony of Ronald Weiss. July 25, 2007.