Clinic Expectations of Patients
The Family Health Clinic is a service provided by ARUP to all employees and their dependents. As ARUP has grown, so have the demands on the clinic. Before using the clinic, review the following guidelines:A. ARUP offers outpatient laboratory testing to eligible individuals at no cost.
B. Covered lab tests include any routine tests performed on-site at ARUP’s central facility.
C. All lab tests must be ordered by a health care professional (as defined in CORP-POLICY-0173) and is as follows):
- Health Care Professional—a Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Physician Assistant (PA-C), or Nurse Practitioner (NP) licensed to practice by the State of Utah. A PA-C or NP is supervised by a licensed MD or DO, as required by law and regulation.
E. Genetic Testing:
- Genetic tests performed at ARUP’s central facility: The test will be completed at no cost if an eligible individual has a health care professional’s order for a genetic test and a letter from a genetic counselor that states the test is appropriately ordered for the clinical situation. The member must have the sample collected and processed at the FHC’s lab to avoid any charges. If the testing does not satisfy all requirements described above, the member will be directed to have their sample collected, processed, and billed through their insurance through a clinic other than the FHC.
- Genetic tests not entirely performed at ARUP’s central facility: The test will not be covered or processed by the ARUP FHC. The individual will be instructed to have the ordering provider bill the member through their insurance plan. Exception: The only exception to the parameters stated above is Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Aneuploidy which will be covered if the sample is collected and processed at the FHC’s lab.
- REGISTER IN ULTIPRO. In order to establish clinic eligibility, all employees and contingent workforce members must register themselves and all dependents in UltiPro . Remember that even if you chose not to participate in the benefit plan offered by ARUP but want to access the clinic, you are still required to register in UltiPro.
- Follow the steps below to add your dependents in UltiPro:
- Log into UltiPro.
- Click on Myself, Contacts.
- Click on Add.
- Add first name, last name, and date of birth of all dependents.
- Choose appropriate relationship from the relationship dropdown.
- Click on Save.
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT The clinic will make every effort to schedule patient appointments as soon as possible. Our goal is to schedule your appointment on the same day you call; however, there will be times when we have no openings, and patients may need to wait one to two days to be seen. If you or your family members require immediate medical attention and cannot be seen at the clinic, we will assist you by discussing additional options available in the community.
- ARRIVE ON TIME OR EARLY. If you are more than 10 minutes late, the clinic staff will need to reschedule your appointment. The majority of our appointments are 20 minutes in length. Being late by 10 minutes or more means that one half of your appointment is already over. Not only will you not receive the medical attention you need, the patients scheduled after you will also be impacted negatively.
- CANCEL EARLY. The clinic schedule fills quickly. Please be courteous and call when you are unable to make your appointment so that we can use that appointment for someone on the wait list.
BRING LAB ORDERS.
The Family Health Clinic accepts orders from outside providers. In order for the process to function smoothly, take the following steps:
- Have a signed doctor’s order with you.
- Review the provider’s fax number and address for accuracy.
- ALL specimens MUST be collected in the clinic by the clinic medical staff. We cannot accept specimens collected by outside providers.
- Parents with children (up to 18 years of age) needing immunizations will either have to schedule an appointment for a well-child check with one of our providers or bring orders in from an outside provider before getting vaccinated.
- Patients needing frequent monitoring of their blood pressure are encouraged to establish a relationship with one of our providers. We will not be able to conduct blood pressure checks for patients not being seen in our clinic by our providers. Hypertension is a clinical condition that we take seriously; if we find blood pressure outside of normal range, our responsibility is to do something about it.
- MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY. The confidentiality of our patients is of utmost importance. We have safeguards in place to ensure that medical records and all other information relating to our patients remains in the clinic and is accessed on a need-to-know basis only.
- DISPLAY COURTESY. All ARUP employees, including those who staff the Family Health Clinic, should be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. Abuse of the clinic staff is unacceptable and those patients/family members who display unacceptable behavior are at risk of losing the privilege of using the clinic.
Your opinions matter to us and we want to ensure you have the best possible experience when you visit the clinic. Each and every member of the clinic team is here to provide you with high quality customer service that is compassionate and responsive. We are all prepared to receive feedback and do something about it. You are welcome to speak directly to any of the members of the clinic team at any time.