Note to Clients: Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV Viral Load Reporting Update
The copy/mL and IU/mL test results, which were previously reported in a footnote, are now reported in discrete fields.
If these results are unavailable, clients need to contact their IT/LIS support to have the missing component field built in their interface to accept results for copy/mL (HIV reports) and IU/mL (hepatitis reports).
Component changes for the following tests are published in the November 2009 and February 2010 Hot Lines.
November 2009 Hot Line:
- Hepatitis B Virus DNA Ultrasensitive Quantitative Real-Time PCR (0056025)
February 2010 Hot Line:
- Hepatitis C Virus RNA Quantitative, Real-Time PCR (0098268)
- Hepatitis C Virus RNA Quantitative bDNA (0051811)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 RNA Quantitative Real-Time PCR (0055598)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 RNA Quantitative bDNA (0020466)